Do Minnie Vans go to Universal Studios now?

JKMastalski

Enjoys wine at Victoria Falls
I just checked my Lyft app and it was showing that I could book it - $54. Does anyone know if they are now allowed to go to Universal?

Disney doesn't want to encourage guests to go to their competitor.
I agree! That's why I thought it was so strange that it was showing as bookable! I just checked again this morning and it is showing as an available route. I've been trying to figure out my options to get to Universal for the day when we are down there in November and that's how I found it. I'm not a fan of Lyft or Uber and won't really use them, but I would happily pay for a Minnie van!

I agree! That's why I thought it was so strange that it was showing as bookable! I just checked again this morning and it is showing as an available route. I've been trying to figure out my options to get to Universal for the day when we are down there in November and that's how I found it. I'm not a fan of Lyft or Uber and won't really use them, but I would happily pay for a Minnie van!
It seems so unlikely that Disney would offer a service that involves driving guests to its fiercest competitor. Are you sure you weren't able to book a regular Lyft as opposed to a Minnie Van?

Because they use Lyft and can't control the options given for a specific class of service.
It's the same way if you go to request a ride from the MK, it doesn't want to put TTC as the pick up spot. You have to fight with it and in my experience, it still doesn't show up right. The Minnie Van drivers always call to make sure you know where you need to get picked up since the app will show TTC
Pick up and destinations are the same across all levels of service so that causes issues with Minnie Vans.
Booking it and their actually doing it are not the same thing.

It seems so unlikely that Disney would offer a service that involves driving guests to its fiercest competitor. Are you sure you weren't able to book a regular Lyft as opposed to a Minnie Van?
A regular Lyft is less than $15

Curisosity got the best of me so just had to try it in the app. If I plug in a Disney pick-up and Universal destination, for me it won’t quote a price and won’t let you book a Minnie Van. All of the other Lyft options of course are bookable, but not Minnie Van, as expected. Not sure how OP got it to show a price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!