Do not use WeGoShop

I thought it was me.. I liked the option of being able to shop trader joes, so i tried them in March, I was super put off by how condescending and rude she was. Used instacart last trip, I was happy.

WOW! We thought it was just us. Amy actually was annoyed at me, my mom and again at my dd, three different trips when we all called to
confirm our food orders. I have used them for many, many years. I actually sent her an e-mail this past May after my dd's trip and informed her
that I would be coming to Poly this past September and will be using a different service and wanted to let her know why I was moving. She apologized, she
confirmed she gets this way and gave us a little compensation for our September trip (as well as for my mom and for my dd to use individually), which I accepted
and used. When it was my week prior to arrival at the Poly, I actually was rethinking of whether to confirm my order with her or not since I didn't want any confrontation and knew then that would be the last time
I used her since a customer should be able to call and confirm an order. I thought she was having a bad week, day, month but from three pages of threads, it looks like unfortunately she has no one to blame but herself. I did like they were a military family and that they gave First Responder discounts (my dh is retired NYPD) but
with the internet, I'm thinking I can do better.

I wish someone would send her this link. I've already called her out on her attitude since I did enjoy using them and thought
she should have a chance to know why I was moving but it looks like this is a common occurrence.

I really liked the previous owners of WeGoShop. They once went to Costco and bought me a stroller when I forgot mine! But I have had the same bad experience as other posters with Amy. I keep a shopping list on my computer in Microsoft Excel and with the old owners I would just email them a copy and everything was easy. Amy is pretty intense. Literally two minutes after I sent her a copy of my list she called me to say the font was too small (with lots of annoyance in her tone) and I needed to type everything into the online site :/ I did as she asked but she still acted as if I was a super needy / complicated customer (I'm not). I calmly told her if my order was that much trouble I'd just make other arrangements - then she back tracked and said all was well. That was the last time I used WeGoShop. I've used Dizzy Dolphin for my last 2 trips and they were fantastic! They are my new go-to delivery service.

I’m sorry to read about so many bad experiences with WeGoShop. I’ve never used their service, but I can say I’m not too impressed with Garden Grocer. On 12/14, I cancelled an order for 1/5. They told me the refund would take 14-20 business days. :eek: Why? Where did the money go? It’s now been 21 business days & they still have yet to issue the refund. If they don’t return the money this week, I will file a chargeback with my CC company. I have to wonder if they’re experiencing cash flow problems. I would be very hesitant to do business with them in the future.

I highly recommend Instacart - you pay actual Publix pricing with no markup. Amazon Prime Now is also a good option if you’re a Prime member.

I think that there is a mark up with instacart plus they default a service fee that you have to remove or pay. We currently have an issue with them where they are not honoring our referral credits.

:earsboy: Bill

3 people on here had that happen??? That's concerning. I thought it was a really careless mistake that they should have caught and been apologetic about but it doesn't sound like a fluke that happened just to me.

And if it was truly a mistake you'd expect there to be a few people get missed billing all together. I wonder how often Amy makes a "mistake" and forgets to bill a customer! Ha!

Last edited by a moderator:
After a decade using wegoshop with 3 different owners, I too had a nasty interaction with Amy. I cancelled my order and I have happily used Garden Grocer since. No one needs to me treated that way

In the past we have used WeGoShop for grocery delivery and have had great service however after today there is no way we or anyone should use their service. We had placed our order over a month ago with our arrival time of 1 pm. We got our call from Amy confirming everything. If you have used their service you know they will call you when it has been delivered, usually right around the time you arrive at the resort. Not today, so around 5 I call and leave a message asking politely for an update, never heard anything back. Around 6 I call back and talk to Amy asking for an update, she gets really defensive and says they gaurantee delivery by 7 and I should have known that, no apology, nothing. Finally 710 I get a call that it was delivered. Very infuriating.
I've had MUCH difficulty too - I didn't lose my patience with her, but she is very lucky I didn't. I have used her service for YEARS now. This time, she never responded to my order request. I called, left messages. Then began to text. When I was DOWN THERE she finally answered and said she left me two messages (I never even had a missed call - she totally didnt) Whatever, I let it go, i breathe, I ask her if she can complete the order, or should I get an Uber and do it myself. She begrudgingly says she would do it. Again, Im on vacation, not gunna fight w her - I had a half marathon to run. Blah blah blah, I get home from vacation and look at my credit card statement - she charged me twice. I email her and NICELY let her know. She never responds, no apology - yet I check the credit card statement a few days after - she refunded me one charge.
Nice customer service. Ubering it to Whole Foods from now on myself!

This charging the credit card twice is definitely a pattern. That should be looked into.

I have used Wegoshop for several trips. I noticed a double charge from February (but not until April) called, she apologized and was going to refund the second fee-she had been having credit card machine issues. I didn't think about it again until September, called again, got an apology and a promise to check into it. I checked again last week, charge was still there, called immediately, told her I want to be able to place an order with her for February again but can't if she doesn't return the overcharge to my credit card, she said she would fix it and call me. Yesterday I called Discover and they are going to fix it for me. I feel bad, I really liked the service but don't want to work with someone that doesn't work with the customer.

I feel like someone should report this pattern of double billing-it’s criminal. If this many people on this board alone have had it happen to them, it has to be intentional, especially when you look at her failure to correct it.

I just discovered that we too were double billed by WeGoShop for our groceries, both this year and last year. I didn't dig further back than that but I may. Very disheartening.

If there is one thing that Florida seems to take pretty seriously it is when tourists are taken advantage of by illegal means. If I was double charged 2x I would contact the state about that business if I saw that it was also happening to others. Double billing Mistakes happen occasionally but not regularly.

We were double charged by Wegoshop in August 2016. Actually, I believe we were triple billed. I called Amy right away, she was very apologetic and she said they had changed processing companies and there were some kinks. It took about 2 weeks to work out and she ended up telling me to just challenge the charges with my credit card company and they could then work directly with the bank to resolve it.

We have used Wegoshop 4 or 5 times now and other than that one incident we have never had any problems. The service has been great, they have always delivered on time, it's always been really smooth. We always submit our order a few months in advance and DH manages a grocery store and is super anal about how the order is formatted. He spends a few hours going through our list and Publix's website and gives her a list with specific brand names, sizes, counts, etc. all broken down by department. Maybe that's why we haven't had problems? I don't know. But we will use Wegoshop again in the future.

I have looked at other services and we always felt Wegoshop was the most cost effective. Amazon prime won't really work for us as we usually plan on making full meals in the villa.

Amazon prime won't really work for us as we usually plan on making full meals in the villa.

Just a reminder that Amazon Prime and Amazon Prime NOW are two totally different things, Prime NOW is a fresh food delivery service that includes fresh meats and produce much like any grocery store, operating out of a local warehouse grocery location. There is a separate phone app for Amazon Prime Now.

Just a reminder that Amazon Prime and Amazon Prime NOW are two totally different things, Prime NOW is a fresh food delivery service that includes fresh meats and produce much like any grocery store, operating out of a local warehouse grocery location. There is a separate phone app for Amazon Prime Now.

Ooooooooohhhhhhhh, I did not know that. We may look into that next time. We do not have phones that can use apps. I assume we can use the app on a tablet or something like that?

We also got billed twice in December 2017. Called Amy and was told it would take up to 10 days to see it on my end. After 2 weeks I contacted my credit card company and they said there was never an attempt to credit my account. I disputed the charge and they took it off my next bill. This was our 3rd time using wegoshop, and did not have any issues the other 2 times, but judging by the other posts on this thread, there seems to be a problem.

We were double charged by Wegoshop in August 2016. Actually, I believe we were triple billed. I called Amy right away, she was very apologetic and she said they had changed processing companies and there were some kinks. It took about 2 weeks to work out and she ended up telling me to just challenge the charges with my credit card company and they could then work directly with the bank to resolve it.
Just my opinion I suppose, but any company that cares about their clients would have gladly written you a check for the overages and swallowed the processing fee in the name of keeping you happy. If I were to get over charged for something and was told by the company that the only way to fix it was for me to deal with disputing the charge with the credit card company I would absolutely never consider working with them again. It is their responsibility to only charge you what you owe and their responsibility to correct a problem if there is one.

I run a business and take client payments with credit cards. If one of them called me saying they were double billed I would be on the phone with my processor immediately and if they didn't fix the problem quickly I would be sending the client a check and finding a new card processor. I would never ever consider handling it the way described.

I’m sorry to read about so many bad experiences with WeGoShop. I’ve never used their service, but I can say I’m not too impressed with Garden Grocer. On 12/14, I cancelled an order for 1/5. They told me the refund would take 14-20 business days. :eek: Why? Where did the money go? It’s now been 21 business days & they still have yet to issue the refund. If they don’t return the money this week, I will file a chargeback with my CC company. I have to wonder if they’re experiencing cash flow problems. I would be very hesitant to do business with them in the future.

I highly recommend Instacart - you pay actual Publix pricing with no markup. Amazon Prime Now is also a good option if you’re a Prime member.

It could be tied up with your credit card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!