Do parents really put their older kids in diapers for a trip to Disney world?

We went in May 06 dd 2 was potty trained during the day but not at night. She wopre pullups at night and during nap time if we were at the hotel due to already having an accient the first day during her nap. I did put one on for the plane ride. She only had one accient and that was at dtd and it was my fault because i did not bring a change of cloths for some reason and had to buy the most exspenive outfit ever. So I think she pee in her pants for an tink outfit

Just returned from a trip with my 2 dd's, 2yo neice and 4yo nephew and no child in diapers! We had no trouble finding a restroom when one of us needed it and only had to leave a line once to take the 2yo to the potty. Luckily we were in the FP line but before the point where the CM had not collected them yet.

IMHO the restrooms are everywhere and with the exception of the Germany pavilion in the evening during F&W we didn't encounter any lines.

TJ

Totally weird.

First of all sign up for TourGuideMike and you won't wait in any lines! We just got back and never waited in any lines. We waited for maybe five min. if it was a show but that was it.

Troll, Troll, troll, troll..................................

Nope, wouldn't do it and even had to deal with an accident with my 5 year old on our trip -- STILL wouldn't have put him back in pull-ups for any amount of money (he has some motor skill delays and took forever to potty train in the first place! He was almost 4 before he was even trained completely!).

We took LOTS of potty breaks!!!!! Yes, it caused a few problems a few times not enough for me to even think about putting them back in pull-ups! Besides I was dealing with diapers for the 1 year old anyway, I can't imagine having to do it for ones that were already out of that stage.

Anyone who puts their potty trained child in diapers like that is just plain lazy. My girls were completely trained by 2 years old and i would never even think to put them in diapers. If you are going to get in a long line take the children to the restroom BEFORE you get on line.
And about using strollers for children 3 and up..come on now..my girls are 3 1/2 and 5 and sit in the stroller when we go to WDW..that is a ton of walking for those little legs, geez sometimes i get tired from all that walking, and besides at least i know where they are at all times.
Using a stroller for a 4 or 5 yo is completely different from the humiliation of putting a 4 or 5 yo in diapers..no comparison at all.
Completely lazy parenting, that is all that is...

I don't know where the op got her advice, but did you ever think it might be some sort of joke? I remember years ago reading about the lack of public restrooms in Galveston, TX. The article advised people (children and adults) to wear diapers while in Galveston due to the lack of restrooms. The article even went so far as to advise what brands would work best! I read the whole article before I realized they were pulling my leg! :rotfl2: Well, actually, public restrooms are somewhat hard to find in Galveston, but not to the point I would seriously consider pi****ing myself! :crazy:

Seriously, the restroom situation in WDW is quite acceptable. Really. You don't have to diaper your kids, or yourself! :dance3: This whole thread is toooooo ridiculous! Thanks, everyone, for the chuckle! It made my night! Good night, everyone, sweet dreams, don't forget the Attends!

I could see if you had a child who was newly trained and still having an occasional accident, but 7 and under?!! That's a little crazy! There are bathrooms all over the place!

I did once put my 4 year old in pull ups for a car trip to Texas, 24 hour car ride and driving through the night. I was afraid she'd wake up in the middle of the night and have to pee and there may be nowhere to stop! But at WDW, you are never far from a bathroom!

My son was huge for his age, and very slow to train completely (although once he finally was, he was usually dry through the night, to my amazement). I would have occasionally put him in a pull-up up to about age five (he also didn't really grasp the difference between pull-ups and underwear--even after he was trained he would not have been either upset or viewed it as a license to go--possibly because we were using Goodnites due to his size and they're more like underpants anyway, even then). He is also one of those people that when he has to go, he HAS TO GO!!! So at an amusement park if I was worried about lines at four and a little bit... Possibly. Although Disney is very well supplied with bathrooms.

He pretty much never used a stroller after two though. He actually bent the frames of a couple and that was back before you could get ones for older children that looked like regular ones. He was also pretty good at keeping up with the grown-ups, if somewhat challenging to keep track of (not a runner, but a Houdini).

Every kid is different, every parent is different, but it does strike me as a very odd thing to do with an older child who isn't accident prone.

And if my son ever runs across this post, I suspect he'll have a few words for me...

Wait, you mean you don't put your kids in diapers and make the adults wear depends so you never have to stop for a bathroom break? :rolleyes1

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I think somebody was pulling your leg.

Either that, or the author of that article is cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

Definitely not. I think my four year old would have revolted if I had even made such a suggestion.

I have never had this done, my son is 9 now he was 8 when we last went to DW. He is on the spectrum so there are sometimes that he still has accidents, mostly because he doesn't listen to his body until the very very last minute (which at home is ok), but at Disney not so much, lol. I did not put him in a diaper, I frequent the bathrooms a lot so I would always make him try every time I went, sometimes he would argue but he always "tried" lol. We only had 1 minor accident at the parks and that was because like I said he waited for the very last second bc we were in a character line and then he had to run to find a bathroom and he was really upset about it but the CM was very gracious. She let me stay in the line kind of holding the spot and then when he came back he was still able to meet Tiana and Naveen and they were awesome and then Daddy took him back to the resort for a bath and to get ready for bed. It was night time and it totally blew his mind and he needed to just call it a night after that. My hubby told me to stay in the park and enjoy though bc he knew I really wanted to see the electrical parade and it was my vacation too so I got to stay in the park kidless to watch the parade. I took lots of pics though and showed him when I got back. He was tired anyways and was practically sleeping when I got back to the hotel. Anyways I don't believe in diapering older kids. If they are potty trained putting them in a diaper is just going to put a lot of emotional scaring on them.

No! When I took my niece I told her if one of us had to go the other one had to try. Saved us a lot of time doing it that way. Yes there was at least one time I didn't have to go but I tried!

I know this is old but it's good for a laugh! Who in their right mind would do that? Not only is it gross and emotionally scarring but those goodnights for older kids are crazy expensive! I buy them for my older child who wets the bed and that's an expense I wish I didn't have!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter