Do people still get in if they haven't lived independently yet?

BethieBoo18

Earning My Ears
So, I am a sophomore in college, and because I'm broke, I live at home with my parents. However, I have heard that you can't get in if you haven't lived independently yet. I'm applying for the third time on January 13th, and I want to make sure that that isn't keeping me from getting in. Any alum who lived at home who also got in? Any reassurance or info would help.

I've seen people get accepted without having lived independently before! They certainly prefer applicants who've lived on their own before, but with good work experience and interest in enough roles, it's possible to receive an offer, especially if you give a strong interview!

My dd got in for spring advantage 2020 without having lived independently, as did the friend she plans to room with for her dcp. So it’s definitely possible!! I will say it took my dd three tries to get in and her friend took 4 tries and I definitely believe the not having lived independently hurt their apps.

I agree with @Newsies to make sure you have good, strong work experience and open up plenty of options for roles you would be interested in doing. My dd didn’t really want QSFB but she knew it was a high needs role and, in the end, she wanted to be in the program more than anything. She got QSFB but she’s fine with it.

Also, consider asking some of the alum on the FB groups to look over your app. Many are very willing to do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!