Do PS really sell out at Xmas?

thesoldtrain

Ready to go again!
Not that it matters too much to me, LOL, being the extreme planner that I am, but I just wondered if it was true that virtually all PS sell out between Xmas and New Year's? I have truyl made a PS for every lunch and dinner we have planned during that time as I was told by several CM that PS sell out and you cannot walk up to the sit-downs during this time. Wondered if this was actually true, those of you who have been there at this time, or did I WAAAAAAAAY overplan?

Thanks!

I would guess you could probably get in at some of the less popular restaurants at off meal times, but I wouldnt chance it. We saw first hand just how booked some places can get. Last year on Christmas Eve, while waiting to be seated at Le Cellier we saw people walk up and try to get in. The hostess's standard reply was "Sorry, we are booked through January 1st". :eek: So yes, some places do in fact book up completely.
You did good by booking your PSs. Enjoy!:D

Originally posted by CamColt
Last year on Christmas Eve, while waiting to be seated at Le Cellier we saw people walk up and try to get in. The hostess's standard reply was "Sorry, we are booked through January 1st". :eek:

I wonder if we were there at the same time! We watched the CM at Le Cellier turn away family after family last Christmas Eve as we waited for our PS time. One family was from the British Isles, I think (basing this on the accents heard) and the CM suggested they take their 3 little kids back to their resort and feed them at the food court, as most restaurants in the World Showcase were booked completely, as you reported.

Elin

When we were there President's Week several years ago if you didn't have a PS you were told either that there was a 3 hour wait or that there was nothing available at all. I was very glad that I had made PS's for all our sit-down meals for the week. I wouldn't dare go during Christmas week without PS's.

I've seen the PS restaurants booked solid @Thanksgiving so I believe it can happen anytime. I always make PS for anywhere I really want to dine. Still sometimes have to take an odd time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter