Do resale dvc members get early registration?

Cg disney fan

First DVC contract closed at animal kingdom!!
Do DVC members who buy resale get to register early? Just getting my first DVC contract. Thanks in advance.

I have no idea, but makes me wonder what races are there that early registration is needed so badly? Do some sell out in hours?

I have no idea, but makes me wonder what races are there that early registration is needed so badly? Do some sell out in hours?
Some sell out in minutes! I missed Goofy because it sold out in 20 minutes at pre-reg before I even got through the queue, and again at regular registration, after I got in, but before I could finish filling out the forms!

Some sell out in minutes! I missed Goofy because it sold out in 20 minutes at pre-reg before I even got through the queue, and again at regular registration, after I got in, but before I could finish filling out the forms!
Good grief.

It doesn't mention anything about blue card restrictions under the "Important Details" section for early registration on the dvc member site, so I would say the perk is available to post 1/2019 resale members.

Even prior to the Covid 19 crisis, 5ks and 10ks tended to sell out immediately.

the marathon sold out really quick this year. I believe it was sold on the first day it was open to the general public. In years past the marathon usually doesn't sell out that quickly. 5k and 10k always go quick. luckily I wasn't planning to try and do the marathon in 2021, but i will try to do it 2022.

Last edited:
We have 2 resale contracts and I believe it is not exclusive to direct members. I have been able to get through to registration link many times before.

It doesn't mention anything about blue card restrictions under the "Important Details" section for early registration on the dvc member site, so I would say the perk is available to post 1/2019 resale members.

Even prior to the Covid 19 crisis, 5ks and 10ks tended to sell out immediately.
Well that is lovely. If I ever do a RunDisney those would be the ones I would want to do.

My first marathon was rundisney. It will likely be the only road marathon I will ever do going forward. I don't mind running long on trails, but if it's road, it will be disney!!

I’ve always been a road runner but your comment has me intrigued. Maybe it’s time to hit the trails!

I’ve always been a road runner but your comment has me intrigued. Maybe it’s time to hit the trails!
HIT THE TRAILS!!! I couldn't recommend it enough. Its easy to lose yourself on the trails. The road just feels like logging miles for me and I can't wait to be done. The trails just offer so much more for exploring and finding hidden gems. If i am going to run that long on a road I might as well run through the parks when I do.

HIT THE TRAILS!!! I couldn't recommend it enough. Its easy to lose yourself on the trails. The road just feels like logging miles for me and I can't wait to be done. The trails just offer so much more for exploring and finding hidden gems. If i am going to run that long on a road I might as well run through the parks when I do.

I understand what you are saying about the roads. There are always stretches in races where the long straights play with my mind. It can be demoralizing. I love nature and I love hiking. Now if I can do it without busting my rear is the question!

I love trail running - usually log 90% of my mileage on trails. But right now our local trails are too narrow and too well used for them to be safe for running. :sad1:

I understand what you are saying about the roads. There are always stretches in races where the long straights play with my mind. It can be demoralizing. I love nature and I love hiking. Now if I can do it without busting my rear is the question!
Off the topic of DVC early registration, but...... I'm also an almost exclusive trail runner. Trails, however come in many shapes and sizes and the main trail I run on is a 30 mile stretch of mostly crushed limestone trail that is 6 feet wide along a river. Yes, I have taken spills and busted my rear, but if you can start running on these types of trails and avoid the single track BMX bike trails, then you may find trail running to be a terrific experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!