Do Resorts Do Anything Special for Honeymooners???

WDWChick

Disney Veteran
My husband and I are staying at the YC in Sept. for our delayed honeymoon. Do the resorts (especially YC) do anything special for honeymooners ? Do they send champagne or maybe even upgrade ???

We didn't get any upgrades, but Port Orleans (FQ) gave us an amazing gift basket - with all kinds of goodies. Wilderness Lodge sent a bottle of champagne and a fruit basket to our room.

Make sure and mention it when you check in/make reservations or check in to restaurants - it doesn't guarantee anything, but most cm's will try to spread a little extra pixie dust for disneymooners.

Congratulations on your overdue trip!

When we checked into the WL, I mentioned it and the lady just said "Oh" and rolled her eyes. Great Disney attitude, eh?! :rolleyes: At the Polynesian, we got a rose. It was more than I expected, so I was pretty excited. We also had a congratulatory card from the Poly staff. I still have the vase and card.

We stayed at the GF in 1997. Although we had mentioned to the travel agent and the front desk that it was our honeymoon, we didn't receive anything. The second night after realizing we weren't getting anything, I actually called the front desk and had mentioned that I was disappointed that nothing had been done. I honestly wouldn't have expected anything had the travel agent not said that they really cater to honeymooners and that they would definitely do something. After making the call to the front desk, we received a bottle of champagne and a rose.

I've stayed at the GF and BC for my honeymoon and anniversary and nothing was ever done in terms of gift baskets, etc. However, we did seem to get lovely rooms with premium views.

:)

Maybe it depends on the CM and the time of year. For example if the hotel is full they can't really upgrade you.
We got engaged last Sept the morning before we check into the WL. When we arrived we were absolutely beaming and bursting so of course we told the CM. She upgraded us to a King size bed, courtyard view. It was awesome, that night when we got back to our room there was a bottle of champagne and a card for us.

We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon room and we didn't get any extras. A friend of a friend was the general manager at the time so they did make sure we got the MK veiw which I really wanted but we got no extras. Actually my mom ordered us choc covered Strawberries and we didn't even get those till we called her to say hi and she asked us about the stawberries and we told her we didn't get them so she called and complained then they showed up.

Jenna

Holiday Inn Maingate West - Last Weekend!!!
Disneyland and DCA March 2001
Honeymoon Wilderness Lodge- Oct 2000
Disneyland Aug 1996
Swan Aug 1995

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter