Do SMSM room rates "run out"?

TommyJK

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

Noticing something I haven't seen before. Doing a search for rooms at RPR next year for a trip.

The "Standard" rooms do not show a SMSM rate. They are available but only at the "Seasonal" rate, while the Waterview rooms have the SMSM rates available and are actually cheaper than the standard room seasonal rack rate.

I've never seen this before so it makes me wonder if they only offer a certain number of rooms at the SMSM rate and then once those are booked up, while still having the rooms available, it jumps up to the standard rack rate.

Hi all,

Noticing something I haven't seen before. Doing a search for rooms at RPR next year for a trip.

The "Standard" rooms do not show a SMSM rate. They are available but only at the "Seasonal" rate, while the Waterview rooms have the SMSM rates available and are actually cheaper than the standard room seasonal rack rate.

I've never seen this before so it makes me wonder if they only offer a certain number of rooms at the SMSM rate and then once those are booked up, while still having the rooms available, it jumps up to the standard rack rate.

Yes- all discounts are limited. Keep checking as I've seen the SMSM pop up at a later time. Happens with Annual pass rates, too!

We are staying at Hard Rock the last week of March. We will have a car and I'm wondering what restaurants are nearby and easy to drive to that may be cheaper than City Walk and the parks? We don't want to drive far, but I figure I have the car so I might as well use it. My kids are not into fancy eating, so even fast food will work.

There's a few restaurants on site we're going to so it'd be nice to save on other meals. Extra money for park treats, donuts, and ice cream!

Yes- all discounts are limited. Keep checking as I've seen the SMSM pop up at a later time. Happens with Annual pass rates, too!

Thanks. Just never seen the SMSM rates disappear while there are still rooms in that category available. I'll keep checking back though.

SMSM is my go to rate when it is at the 35% discount when booking 7 + nights for a portion for September

This rate always beats my ap rate

I start my reservation at the near end of sept and the same rate continues into my stay in October
$204 plus taxes week nights
Higher rate for the weekends

Thanks. Just never seen the SMSM rates disappear while there are still rooms in that category available. I'll keep checking back though.
I'm seeing the same thing. I got a SM rate for September when I booked in January. I just looked and the room is still available (KIng Club) but only at the Seasonal rate which is 50% more!

Yeah, same here.. Have SMSM rate for August at RPH.. Looking now only Seasonal rate available.
Still have SMSM at PB available (but more than rate I have)

Yes they do run out. You would think that it would be a straight up discount that is always available from the way it is advertised.

Hi all,

When next year do you plan for your trip?

I saw smsm rates out 11.5 months out for my late September trip last year

Had not seen the rates out until then

Could be smsm rates have not been released yet for your 2020 dates

As a follow up on this, standard rooms became available again on the SMSM rate for my trip next year. So I cancelled my previous booking and re-booked (and saved about $300 in the process).

So while some room types lose the SMSM rate, they can come back. Best to keep checking.

Conventions book groups of rooms years in advance

If they cancel out, many rooms are then released to the public
Smsm rates usually reappear during this time

I have been able to book with an ideal rate then
The rooms are quickly listed and sometimes are booked up quickly

If you don’t see rooms available when you first start checking, don’t give up

Check frequently especially if you are 3 months out from your planned stay

Newbie on the Universal site, what is SMSM rates?

Looking to book for November and the rates are really high

On the UO website, it will show the seasons/dates involved for the smsm rates for all of this year

It lists the smsm discount amount

I booked with this discount last October for this coming September/October 2019 stay

Days of 7 days or more have the highest discounts for this general public code

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter