Do the Japanese get a Spring Break?

greenkai3000

DIS Veteran
I'm asking because the week I had planned to visit the resort (March 30- April 6) shows up on the Japanese Disney website as a Top Week for hotel rates...meaning highest rates possible. Anyone know? :confused3

The Japanese school year starts in April, so you're probably looking at what is still a high-demand week at TDR.

I was there at pretty much that exact time in 2012. It was madness. Absolutely crazy busy. Several lines were 3+ hours long.

That is right before kids go back to school for the new academic year, so it's like a last hurrah for them.

I would try to reschedule the Disney visit if possible. If you go a but into April, it'll be much nicer.

Dang. What's the week right after Golden Week look like I wonder? Still as crowded, more, less?

Dang. What's the week right after Golden Week look like I wonder? Still as crowded, more, less?

Hey guys,
we hope to be going to Japan between 9-23 April 2014. Which end of our stay would you recommend to go?
Also we hope to go to each park on consecutive days, but if we can only go to one of the two which would you recommend?

Thank you!

Hey guys,
we hope to be going to Japan between 9-23 April 2014. Which end of our stay would you recommend to go?
Also we hope to go to each park on consecutive days, but if we can only go to one of the two which would you recommend?

Thank you!

Here are a couple of links to crowd calendars for TDL:

http://tdrnavi.jp/forecast/disneyland?lang=en

http://tdr-tdl-tds.com/en/crowd_calendar/

I just got back and it was a normal week, but it was still pretty crowded. The worst line, of course, was Toy Story Mania. I got there at 8:45 am and it took me a half hour to get through the Fast Pass line with a return time of 7:15-8:15 pm. The standby line was at 130 minutes.

I would try to get to both, if you can. There's no park hopping, unless you go for 3 or 4 days, so you'll have to make rope drop to get on or fast passes for the popular rides.

Here are a couple of links to crowd calendars for TDL:

http://tdrnavi.jp/forecast/disneyland?lang=en

http://tdr-tdl-tds.com/en/crowd_calendar/

I just got back and it was a normal week, but it was still pretty crowded. The worst line, of course, was Toy Story Mania. I got there at 8:45 am and it took me a half hour to get through the Fast Pass line with a return time of 7:15-8:15 pm. The standby line was at 130 minutes.

I would try to get to both, if you can. There's no park hopping, unless you go for 3 or 4 days, so you'll have to make rope drop to get on or fast passes for the popular rides.

Those links are great thanks, very useful. Have decided to go mid week then thanks to that.
Our kids are DS 10 DD 8 and DD 4, me DH and Mum. Can you suggest any must do rides for the kids? Us adults are not into coasters so it'll be mostly all about the kids.
Thanks!

Those links are great thanks, very useful. Have decided to go mid week then thanks to that.
Our kids are DS 10 DD 8 and DD 4, me DH and Mum. Can you suggest any must do rides for the kids? Us adults are not into coasters so it'll be mostly all about the kids.
Thanks!

Must-do rides for Disneyland include:

Adventureland: Pirates of the Caribbean, Enchanted Tiki Room, plus any of your other favorites.

Westernland: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, plus any of your other favorites.

Critter Country: Splash Mountain

Fantasyland: Cinderella's Fairy Tale Hall, Haunted Mansion (you'll probably need a fast pass), it's a small world, Pooh's Hunny Hunt, plus any of your other favorites.

ToonTown: I didn't go in here, but it has the usual rides.

Tomorrowland: Monsters, Inc., Ride and Go Seek! (you'll definitely need a fast pass and will need to get there early - I got one for 9:05 pm at 11:30 am), Space Mountain, Captain Eo (I saw Captain Eo for the first time in Tokyo Disneyland right after it opened), plus your other favorites.

Must-do rides for DisneySea:

Mediterranean Harbor: I didn't ride anything here, but the gondolas would be fun. There's also the Leonardo Challenge.

American Waterfront: Tower of Terror (it has a different storyline - if you don't want to ride the elevator, see if they'll let you go through the queue and take the chicken exit - the line is very long, though), Toy Story Mania (this is definitely rope-drop fast pass material. I had to wait in line for a half hour, starting at 8:45 and my fast pass was for 7:15 pm. The stand-by line was 150 minutes.),

Port Discovery: StormRider, Aquatopia

Lost River Delta: Indiana Jones, Raging Spirits

Arabian Coast: Sindbad's Storybook Voyage, Caravan Carousel (I'm not a carousel person, but this is a double carousel and would probably be cool to ride)

Mermaid Lagoon: I didn't go in here, but the rides look fun.

Mysterious Island: Another rope drop venue - Journey to the Center of the Earth, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Be sure to eat popcorn, steamed buns, churros and waffles. The popcorn buckets are pretty expensive, but with so many of you, you can get a nice collection. I bring Ziploc bags to "decant" the popcorn into so I can get more flavors. Refills are only 500 yen and the popcorn is delicious!! Also bring plenty of Ziploc bags for packing the souvenir plates and demitasse mugs, which are absolutely adorable. I also pack a box in my suitcase for holding fragile items on my way back.

Where are you staying?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter