Do the parks shops carry backpacks for kids (not the expensive Loungefly ones) and/or PopSockets?

kayemgi

DIS Veteran
My MIL wants to get my DD5 a new backpack for school while we are at Disney in October, but as I've never shopped for a backpack on any of our trips, I'm not sure if they carry the smaller ones meant for kids in the parks or only in the Disney Store. Does anyone know? I'm also on the hunt for a Disney PopSocket (or any brand phone grip) and was wondering if that was something I might find in the parks as well. TIA! :goodvibes

I'm making no promises, but usually there is a backpack available in all of the larger park gift shops. It's adult sized and gender neutral. DH and I bought a couple of them a few years ago:
Ce00-EQWEAEA5o2.jpg

I suspect this is the newer version:
https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-m...-disney-world-backpack-2019-400021005747.html

I'm making no promises, but usually there is a backpack available in all of the larger park gift shops. It's adult sized and gender neutral. DH and I bought a couple of them a few years ago:
Ce00-EQWEAEA5o2.jpg

I suspect this is the newer version:
https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-m...-disney-world-backpack-2019-400021005747.html

Oh yes, I forgot about those, thank! I think they will be too big for her to actually use for school this year. If no one else chimes in saying they've seen kid-sized versions I think I will encourage my MIL to just pick one out from the Disney Store before their back-to-school promo ends instead.

I was just at Disneyland and they had Jansen style bags ( similar to above but slightly smaller) only 2 pockets and they had them in several different prints they were selling for $29.99. I vaguely remember there being little kid backpacks but as an adult with no kids I didn't spend to much time in the kids section.

I sort of remember some small fashion-y type bags that were not loungfly at the same location that had the Dooney purses on Main Street. ( I think it may be called the Main Street Jeweler store but I'm not sure ). Another good place in the park to check would be MouseGears at Epcot and Mickey's of Hollywood in HS.

There are some cute backpacks! They are pretty much all full-size though, so if you’re looking for something preschool-sized I would do Shop Disney or elsewhere. Do you have an MDE account? If you log in on your phone, click on the stack of lines in the lower right corner, click on shop merchandise, and search for backpacks, that will give you an idea of what’s available in the parks right now. The only pop socket I’ve seen is the one that’s attached to the Madame Leota phone case.

My then 17-yo DS bought a Buzz Lightyear backpack in the shop at the end of the Buzz right last summer. He used it for his senior year of high school and I believe he took it to college with him yesterday when he left. It may be larger than you want, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter