• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do these boards dictate your vacation choices at all?

My~Rumbly~Tumbly

Mouseketeer
I can see this happening with me. Yes, I've been and returned to Disney several times even before I found these boards, but I don't think I would be planning another repeat cruise so soon if I hadn't taken part in these boards, lol. It just seems like the natural thing to do! Does this mean I'm a DISaddict? I think it would totally bug me to come here and not have anything planned. When I say so soon, I don't mean I'm cruising again right away; just preparing to book another cruise to sail in 14 months.

I think so - that and the fact that we are DVCers - lol
Yes, Im very happy to be back on the boards posting that we have a cruise in the works. It's not for 11months but we did just do a spur of the moment/unplanned trip to WDW. After we return from our MAGICal cruise (and yes this one will NOT be cancelled I keep telling myself) we can PLAN our WDW vaca for Oct 2004.

These boards are an addiction. We need to start at DIS addiction board! lol

These boards are an addiction, and I also believe that they play a big role in influencing many people's vacation choices. Many times I have received emails from people who've read something hear and want to see if it's true or get more information. I guess they find my email via my website, and since I "hang out" a lot here too, they think I might be a good source for a second opinion.
On the flipside, when I don't know an answer to someone who emails me but is unfamiliar with DIS, this is where I send them (along with Dave's website). I can't imagine a better sources of information. But maybe I had better start including a diclaimer in my emails so they can't sue me if they become addicted as a result of my referrals!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

"Hi. My name is Jill and I'm a disboard addict."

Yikes, its contagious...a daily addiction...Barb and Dave are also dealers in my addiction...;)

Can't imagine our last trip without all the tips, though!

this board just allows me to best utilize my vacation time, and gives me more time to enjoy activities available, and be able to make an informed decision on what I do and when i do it, as well as having all that stored knowledge in my brain for when a change in plans comes up and i need to make an alternative decision on what to do...

I know these boards influenced my family's vacation decisions. I am positive (even though I love vacationing at Disney) we would not have bought into DVC without the wealth of knowledge available on these boards. I thought DVC was only for people who were rich and did not find out how afforable it could be until I came here. When I asked DH last week what he wanted to do special for our 10 anniversary next November, he said he wanted us to go on a cruise. I knew right away it would be a Disney cruise because we would/could use our points.

I also knew I could come to this board and find out tons of information. Right away I saw a post about using cash for the cruise verses using points. Since we have a limited number of points and I want to spend a few days before or after the cruise at OKW and we've got a tentative trip to Hilton Head planned with family, I knew booking the cruise on cash was best.

I am grateful to these boards for helping me get the best "bang for my buck"!

These boards are so helpful to newbies like me , they are addicting. Itis two weeks before Christmas and I am spending more time on them than shopping.
I have already changed my initial land sea from a 3 day cruise to a 4 day cruise and 3 land. I am considering changing again to the 7 day even though we have never been on a disney cruise .
if i could only convince my ds 5 and dd3 to skip the parks, and we all know that isnt going to happen .
Oh well. gives me something else to plan when this next vacation is over.

In our case DW and I were hooked on Disney long before we found here.

I would say dictate is too absolute a word for it. Influence heavily, I would say yes. We usually look to here for up to date information on what's happening at wherever we're going to this time! :earsboy:

momofqanddl...Have you asked the kids about cruise only? If not, you might be surprised. When we were going to WDW for the first time with kids, I looked into the cruise but thought the kids would like the parks so much that we couldn't just do a few days in the parks before heading off to the ship. We got the WDW video and showed them the movie as a way to tell them we were going to WDW. Well, low and behold, the tiny clip about the cruise made them say....Wow, we wish we were going on the cruise. They would have gladly skipped the parks. I was shocked. The characters are so much more available on the cruise. There really aren't the lines for the meet and greets. A larger variety of characters, more often available. Keep thinking about it if you really want the 7 night cruise.

And yes, on the origional question. I do think they play a big part in plans for vacations. If not for here I wouldn't have become so accustomed to the rebooking on board idea. I don't make significant financial decisions quickly and would never have rebooked onboard if that was my first exposure to the idea. I had thought about, via the boards, for a long time before I ever got on the ship.

Yes.

We found this board before our April 2001 trip to WDW. Our trip would not have been as successful without all of the tips and information. When we decided to do a cruise for our 10th anniverdary DH immediately came over here to the cruise board. After lurking and researching we got a quote from Dreams and booked our cruise. We don't have another cruise booked for about 14 months but I can't help but stay over here and answer any question that I can. I just remember all of the help that I received.:)

momofqandl- DD8 would rather go on a cruise than to the parks! We had to almost force her to go back to WDW with us this past June 2002. She said why can't we just go on another cruise!

We offered our 2 girls a trip to WDW this year as their Christmas gift. They politely declined (!!!) but asked if they could do a cruise again instead. Go figure.

These boards are so addictive, I really need to stop checking them. I can't believe we're doing a second cruise in less than a year. Now, this is really it! Really! Hhmmm....wonder what kind of deal we can get for next year......

These boards only provide information to help augment or reinforce a decsion I've already made. However, they neither dictate nor influence my vacation decisions. They are, indeed, addictive, though.

As my wonderful DH (MarkRG) stated we were hooked on Disney long before we found these boards.

We usually make our plans well in advance (we have '03 already planned out as well as part of '04).

I will say that these boards have played a part in some of our vacations. We already had our 7 day Western Cruise planned for May '03 when we heard about the DVC member cruise in Feb. I'm not sure if we would have been as excited if we had just gotten the inital e-mail or postcard. We really picked up on the excitement on the boards here and the chance to cruise with so many DIS'ers (and spend 2 days at Castaway Cay). It took some switching of points and plans but we are going - Yeah!

I think another area this board helped push us along is with the trip we leave on tonight. We were at Boardwalk (our home) in October and had my in-laws with us. I think I let trying to make everyone else happy put a damper on my vacation which put a damper on DH's as well.

About 6 weeks ago he brought up DisCon and wouldn't it be neat if we could find cheap flights and join it. Well I finally found some cheap flights, but it was for after DisCon was over. That didn't stop us, we figured on a quick spur of the moment trip to view the holiday decorations.

We're out of DVC points for the year (and have next years booked with the cruise and a trip to Vero for the in-laws) so we dropped a note to Dreams and Michelle hooked us up with 4 nights at Coronado Springs. Cool - a Disney resort we have never been too.

These boards are great and so are the people on them!

I do think my kids could be pursuaded to do the cruise only. I am sure however my husband could not. He has never cruised and is worried about how the kids will like it (and how he would like it )

I have sent him to read these boards, as Disney seems to have a lot of first time cruisers, but he is a see for himself type person .

I am sure we will all love it,and we will probably book a seven day for 2004.

As I have read many times on this board, I would rather spend 4 days on a cruise than none.

Thanks for all your ideas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter