Do they really charge for movies in your stateroom?

tidefan

DIS Veteran
So, I was perusing messages in another forum here on DisBoards and came across someone stating that they were on the Oasis and RCCL was charging $9 to watch a movie in your stateroom! Is that true?

We sail Harmony next Summer and I do enjoy watching movies at night...

So there are movies on demand for purchase, and I would assume that these are similar to the type you purchase at a hotel. But I believe some of the TV channels show movies on rotation, and those would be free. Last I was on there were a lot of Dreamworks movies. Not sure if that's changed.

DCL, of course, has an advantage where they can leverage the Disney library to show movies that you're likely to watch at no additional charge.

The ‘free’ movies are 2-3 family friendly ( kid flicks) shown on a continuous loop.

Anything else is PPV

OK, on Regal Princess, they put every movie that MUTS shows on-demand in your stateroom (no charge) along with a good selection of other movies.

This is a bit of a bummer...

OK, on Regal Princess, they put every movie that MUTS shows on-demand in your stateroom (no charge) along with a good selection of other movies.

This is a bit of a bummer...

My biggest annoyance with Princess was their refusal to show more than a couple of episodes of Love Boat over and over and over again. I would have loved to watch a bunch of episodes in correct order.

On MSC now and other than random movies being shown it is sadly PPV. Last month on Oceania Insignia we had a good selection of free movies. Thought our HAL cruise earlier this year had a free library of movies available on DVD.

My biggest annoyance with Princess was their refusal to show more than a couple of episodes of Love Boat over and over and over again. I would have loved to watch a bunch of episodes in correct order.
YES! They should have ALL of the Love Boat episodes instead of 5 or 6...

I so want to be on one of the cruises that Ted Lange goes on (though those tend to be out of San Pedro). They let him make drinks for the passengers. I think I saw somewhere that he actually is a licensed bartender!

I would book myself on a Princess cruise immediately if they had a TV channel that ran the entire series of Love Boat (plus all of the 2 part/2 hour specials) on a constant loop.

I so want to be on one of the cruises that Ted Lange goes on (though those tend to be out of San Pedro). They let him make drinks for the passengers. I think I saw somewhere that he actually is a licensed bartender!

...runs away to find next Isaac sailing...

Our piano bar performer on Crown Princess didn't <gasp> know the Love Boat theme. Seriously. He butchered his attempt at it. I would think it would be a requirement for all performers on a Princess ship to be able to perform and/or sing the entire theme. :rotfl2:

Our piano bar performer on Crown Princess didn't <gasp> know the Love Boat theme. Seriously. He butchered his attempt at it. I would think it would be a requirement for all performers on a Princess ship to be able to perform and/or sing the entire theme. :rotfl2:

He should have been fired immediately and sent off the ship in the next port 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!