Do we both need FP+ for rider swap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebella

Mouseketeer
My husband and I want to ride Flight of Passage while visiting with our 5 and 3 year old, both obviously too small to ride. Do we both need a fastness, or just one of us, since we'll get a pass to switch? I know that normally we wouldn't both need one, but our 5 year old would be going with one of us, and this time, we're going separately. Will they still give us a pass or tell us that we both needed a Fastpass?

Thanks!

You're only supposed to need one however it seems like there has been a trend lately with FOP and SDMT where some cast members are requiring both of you to have a fastpass in order to get the rider switch ticket.

My husband and I want to ride Flight of Passage while visiting with our 5 and 3 year old, both obviously too small to ride. Do we both need a fastness, or just one of us, since we'll get a pass to switch? I know that normally we wouldn't both need one, but our 5 year old would be going with one of us, and this time, we're going separately. Will they still give us a pass or tell us that we both needed a Fastpass?

Thanks!

Your 5 year old may be tall enough to ride, ours was/is.

You both do not need FP's. We've done this 3 times with only one of us having a FP.

Thanks!
We went in October. We were not able to get a Fastpass since we were staying off property and with a 30 day window it was impossible. I rope dropped with my oldest daughter while my husband and 3 other girls stayed back in the room. We got off the ride by 9:15 a.m. (park opened at 9a.m.). They were nice enough to give me a rider swap that my husband was able to use when we all returned later that day. My daughter got to ride again with him so she was super happy.

We went in October. We were not able to get a Fastpass since we were staying off property and with a 30 day window it was impossible. I rope dropped with my oldest daughter while my husband and 3 other girls stayed back in the room. We got off the ride by 9:15 a.m. (park opened at 9a.m.). They were nice enough to give me a rider swap that my husband was able to use when we all returned later that day. My daughter got to ride again with him so she was super happy.
If you were given a Rider Swap pass without the "too short" child along, you were given pixiedust.

If you were given a Rider Swap pass without the "too short" child along, you were given pixiedust.

Yep consider yourself lucky. My friend and her baby hung back from the rope drop mess and her DH was not allowed a rider swap for her.

Yep!!!I felt very lucky and didn't think they would even give it to me since it had only been open a couple of months. It was my 4th Disney trip and I never used Child swap. It was my first time. I was always the one who would just stay behind with the little ones and not go on any rides they couldnt go on. My 2 older girls would beg me to go on rides them too but with the wait times it was impossible. It's a great gift from Disney for a family like mine. Much appreciated!!!☺

Oh, never thought that I would need a FP for FOP to get a rider swap while the rest of our party rides it using FP... Leaving in 2 weeks and I took a FP for Navi for me and my daughter to spend our time while they ride... First trip, I thought it was how it works. Hope it will be ok, would be disappointed otherwise and obsviously too late grap another FP for me...

Oh, never thought that I would need a FP for FOP to get a rider swap while the rest of our party rides it using FP... Leaving in 2 weeks and I took a FP for Navi for me and my daughter to spend our time while they ride... First trip, I thought it was how it works. Hope it will be ok, would be disappointed otherwise and obsviously too late grap another FP for me...

It will likely be fine, but you WILL need to bring your daughter to the FOP FP+ entrance with the group to show her as the non-rider before they will give you the swap. The above PP’s experience was very uncommon - when we’ve gone, this ride in particular is very insistent on seeing the non-rider (with good reason IMO.)

In the OP’s example, what is the benefit of having the child swap ticket if both parents have a fastpass? It sounds like both kids are too short to ride. So only 1 adult riding with the child swap ticket.

I’m asking as I have the exact same situation....

In the OP’s example, what is the benefit of having the child swap ticket if both parents have a fastpass? It sounds like both kids are too short to ride. So only 1 adult riding with the child swap ticket.

There wouldn’t be a benefit in that case.

What a lot of people do is get a FP for parent 1 and a different FP for the rest of the party, so they have something to do while parent 1 rides. They get the rider swap for parent 2 to ride later (since they will have used a FP on a different ride).

There isn’t. Rider swap existed pre FP. It has just never adjusted, and that is how all the abuse started. (I’m NOT saying that is what you are doing.)

it seems like there has been a trend lately with FOP and SDMT where some cast members are requiring both of you to have a fastpass in order to get the rider switch ticket.

In our case we have 4 adults and one small child. 2 adults have a FP for FOP, and the other 2 and the child have a FP for Navi at the same time. We planned it intentionally this way so that all 5 of us could approach FOP, 2 ride FOP via FP while the other 2 adults and child have something to ride; and then afterwards the 2 adults who did not book a FP for FOP could still ride FOP using the FP line via the ride swap pass. It seems to me this is exactly what ride swap is supposed to do. Are there really cases similar to this where people have been denied ride swap by a rogue cast member because the entire party did not have a FP for FOP?

In our case we have 4 adults and one small child. 2 adults have a FP for FOP, and the other 2 and the child have a FP for Navi at the same time. We planned it intentionally this way so that all 5 of us could approach FOP, 2 ride FOP via FP while the other 2 adults and child have something to ride; and then afterwards the 2 adults who did not book a FP for FOP could still ride FOP using the FP line via the ride swap pass. It seems to me this is exactly what ride swap is supposed to do. Are there really cases similar to this where people have been denied ride swap by a rogue cast member because the entire party did not have a FP for FOP?

I've personally never ridden FoP but when we went in the past we've NEVER had a problem getting a RS ticket when only one of us had a FP. We did have to show the not-tall-enough child every time. There is a certain amount of YMMV with RS, but being denied a RS when you don't have a FP for both parties is very unlikely. The only snag we've ever ran into was when we rope dropped EE at AK. At the time, the ride was a walk-on and the CM wouldn't give us a RS pass because the stand-by wait was under 10 mins. He did end up letting us go through the FP line when the first party got off but it put us behind schedule because the plan was to take the non-rider to dino land while the others rode EE.

Okay while I'm all for the RS program, the PP's comment about the 4 adults and one child seems a little odd to me. I'm pretty sure it's not meant so 2 people can get fast pass + to two tier 1 rides at the same time. Maybe I'm figuring this wrong but it does seem a little off to me. especially because it's 4 adults to 1 child. But I guess if they let you....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!