Do we know which characters to be appear at Makahiki in advance?

DVCBLTfan

Earning My Ears
I have seen two different sets of characters at Makahiki breakfast. My kids really want Minnie. Do we get to know which characters to appear in advance or not until the day of? I currently reserved 2 days in a row but I really just want one time.

Check the daily Iwa on the Aulani web page. It lists the character’ appearances, both time and location.

We did the breakfast earlier this month and Minnie was not there. We had Mickey, Goofy, Pluto & Max. Maybe you can check with the wait staff the evening before🤷‍♂️ I'm not sure if they have a normal rotation.

We did the breakfast earlier this month and Minnie was not there. We had Mickey, Goofy, Pluto & Max. Maybe you can check with the wait staff the evening before🤷‍♂️ I'm not sure if they have a normal rotation.
A few weeks ago we had Mickey, Pluto, Chip, and Dale.

Thank you all for sharing your experience! I guess they really switch up. I'll walk up the restaurant the day before to check which characters.

if a character is not at the meal, there is a good chance you’ll be able to meet them sometime during your stay at Aulani. Character lines during our visit were never more than 10-15 minutes and we meet some rare ones too! Enjoy!

if a character is not at the meal, there is a good chance you’ll be able to meet them sometime during your stay at Aulani. Character lines during our visit were never more than 10-15 minutes and we meet some rare ones too! Enjoy!
We always book character dining whenever we go to WDW because we don't want to wait in a line but 10-15 minutes don't sound bad at all! Thank you for the info.

I prefer the character greets at Aulani over WDW and DL. The greets are more personable and laid back. I love the classic Mickey and Friends characters plus rarities like Angel, Duffy, Olu, and Shellie May, which are at Aulani.

I prefer the character greets at Aulani over WDW and DL. The greets are more personable and laid back. I love the classic Mickey and Friends characters plus rarities like Angel, Duffy, Olu, and Shellie May, which are at Aulani.
Great to know! Thank you :lovestruc

Right before they go in, there is a line for pictures outside Makahiki. That may be the soonest you can tell who will be there. Maybe the servers know the schedule?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter