Do we need to stay on Property?

Rebecca P.

Mouseketeer
Thinking about a trip in March and I had assumed I could get some great deals on universal hotels. This is looking like it won't happen. The entire point would have been FOL. If we stayed in a condo nearby would we be able to see everything without waiting in line forever?

Personally, I wouldn't go to Universal unless I was staying at an onsite hotel. Obviously, FOTL is one reason, but I also just love these hotels. I have stayed at all three and RPR is my new favorite. If you can get a decent rate at this hotel, by all means go for it. You will not be disappointed.

Just my two cents, of course.

Discounts aren't out for next year yet, so it's hard to tell what kind of rates you may get for March. I would hold off and wait until the discount rates are released before booking elsewhere.

Personally, I would stay onsite if at all possible. It's worth every penny. It makes the vacation much more relaxing to have FOTL access.

Teresa

After staying onsite twice, I would not go to US without staying in one of the hotels.

The advantages just outweigh the cost. I would go to other parks if staying offsite.

Hope this helps!

Bob

here is another vote for staying on-site. Even though FOTL access wasn't necessary last Oct. when we went, it was very helpful, and I would imagine the crowds in March would be larger than in Oct. due to spring breaks. The other plus is not having to battle traffic on I-drive in and out of the parks, and having to avoid the LONG walk from the parking garage (it's longer than the scenic walk from HRH to parks, and alot less enjoyable). We parked the car for 3 nights and never moved it--I've never done that at Disney.

Onsite really adds on to the overall experience. It's so convenient and the hotels are themed so well. I won't return without staying on site if I can help it.

Here's another vote for staying onsite. It's great not having to move the car. Everything is so accessible at UO. You do not even have to wait for the tram or boat if you do not want to since nothing is more than a 10 minute walk away (okay, maybe if you wanted to walk from the PBH to the RPR it would take longer--but you could always wet your whistle at the walk up bar at Margaritaville if you had to!) To us, this so much enhances the visit. You could stay a week and still not run out of new and different places to eat.

We like to bring our own b'fast foods (I bought a cheap toaster at the Orlando Wal-mart on our last visit) and keep some milk, OJ,lunch meat and soft drinks in our cooler. This helps balance the costs of staying on-site and eating dinners and several lunches out.

Hi...

Life is too short to wait 90 minutes for SHREK... please, please, please... do yourself a favour and stay onsite. You will not regret it.

Staying at one of Universals resorts will add incredibly to the enjoyment of your holiday and well worth any extra cost over offsite.

>>^..^<<

We stayed onsite a couple of years ago and loved it! We wanted to stay onsite again but my sister and her family decided to go so to save money we rented a vacation home.It's a beautiful
5 Bed/4 Bath home.Now my sister informed me yesterday that they can't go!! The cancellation dates for the home have already gone by! now it's just the two of us. We don't have to give them back their share for the house but still....We changed our plans to accommodate them and now........
I'm positive we'll still have a great time and enjoy this big house immensely but it was not our first choice for only the 2 of us.
Next time.......

I think if u stay off site u should still be able to enjoy the parks we stayed off last year in oct and had no problems don't be put off by not having FOTL as u can time the rides and shows with min of fuss just be flexible and arrive early:jester:

If at all possible, stay on-site. We have stayed 3 times on-site at the Hard Rock and the Royal Pacific and got great rates with an Entertainment card. Best to book early because those discounts fill up quickly. I realize their resorts can be pricey, but in our minds it was worth it. #1 for the front of the line passes - they were awesome. #2 for the convenience of walking from your hotel room to the parks - so easy to go back for a swim or rest. And the Universal resorts have some awesome pools! We have stayed off-site and drove to the parks and it is doable, but I would stay at Universal if it would fit in your budget. Good Luck and have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter