Do you actually use the coffee maker in your room?

Do you use the in room coffee maker?

• Yes I do

Votes: 90 58.1%
  • No I dont

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • I use it but not for coffee (explain)

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters
Right there with you. :thumbsup2 I've seen videos where the maids cleaned the glasses with an old rag. I won't use those either, or at least not without washing them first.

Yep. My husband travels for work often and stays in a lot of nice hotels. He has actually marked dirty glasses on the bottom, only to find the same glass next to the coffee maker that has not been cleaned.. but it has that little piece of paper over it to make you think that it is clean.

I went to make a cup of coffee in a hotel coffee maker (not Disney), I placed the packet in the basket then open the water reservoir and caught whiff of a horrible stench, there were molded coffee packs in there. I reported it at the front desk after I had bought myself a coffee. That is the last time I'll ever drink coffee from a hotel coffee maker.

Yeah well all over the US restaurants are health inspected for cleanliness......so we know that much.
You got way more faith in inspections than I do
They are about as effective as putting water in a colander. Lol

You got way more faith in inspections than I do
They are about as effective as putting water in a colander. Lol
Oh I am not saying I have full faith...just that I can say their kitchens etc are probably cleaner than hotel room coffee makers glasses etc..

This. It could actually be deadly to someone with an allergy if a food was made in the coffee pot and they used it afterwards.
I wonder what the statistic is in the U.S of people dying from a food allergy after using an in room motel/hotel coffee maker.

We're big coffee drinkers & take our own 12 cup coffeemaker & supplies. I like to top off/warm up my mug. Impossible with those dinky hotel coffeemakers. We'd spend our whole time standing at the baby coffeemaker alternately brewing cups otherwise :sad2:.

Sure. And now that they have Joffrey's it's really good coffee. I do use bottled water to make it
Why on earth should someone be afraid of using the coffee pot anyway? Just what do you people think is done to them? How is it any different than dining out? Or do you who won't use it never dine out?

That’s just it! You don’t know! My husband refuses to let me use the inroom coffee pot in any hotel room. He’s witness crazy spring break escapades of his drunk college buddies doing god knows what in the coffee pot! As soon as we enter a hotel room, my husband sees a coffee pot and just yells at me to hide it in the back of the closet!

And my little son will not touch glasses around the sink. He loves watching Hotel Impossible. They used an infrared lamp to show how dirty they actually are. We remove those right after removing the coffee pot!

I’m another one with the Clorox wipes wiping down the door knobs, toilet handle and remote control. I have my wipes out on the plane! Wiping down the trays, head rest and tv controls. Dr. oz said the aisle head rest is a germ fest and that’s usually my seat!

This. It could actually be deadly to someone with an allergy if a food was made in the coffee pot and they used it afterwards.
That's a totally different issue. Folks with food allergies have to approach everything in the world differently. As someone without one, or without any family member with one, it's a non-issue

That’s just it! You don’t know! My husband refuses to let me use the inroom coffee pot in any hotel room. He’s witness crazy spring break escapades of his drunk college buddies doing god knows what in the coffee pot! As soon as we enter a hotel room, my husband sees a coffee pot and just yells at me to hide it in the back of the closet!

!

You made me LOL with this.

I wonder what the statistic is in the U.S of people dying from a food allergy after using an in room motel/hotel coffee maker.

Probably very low but someone with a food allergy should know there are actually people who make food in those hotel coffee pots. I never had a clue until I saw a Youtube video going around about it.

We don’t drink coffee so we’ve never used it. When staying moderate I bring my own tea kettle so we have it first thing in the morning. When staying deluxe it’s easier to just head down to the quick serve.

Yes, and it gets me up and going until I can arrive at the park and get a Starbuck's!!

I watched a special (Dateline/2020/one of those) and have already read articles about hotel cleanliness. Name the bodily fluid and it has been found in a coffee maker.

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that the news special didn’t mention Disney. People here aren’t perfect but that’s max paranoia.

Want to know if your coffee maker is clean? Open the top where you put the water, shine your phone flashlight, and if there is no mold you’re good. 90% of restaurants have dirtier coffee makers, even the high end places.

Edit: 10+ years as a restaurant operating partner and general manager for multiple brands

It has been a long time since we stayed at a hotel that had an in room "coffee pot." These days it's a Keurig or the like.
We use them. I run water through it once with first use and discard. Then I use the Keurig to heat water. Add Via and creamer and we're set.

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that the news special didn’t mention Disney. People here aren’t perfect but that’s max paranoia.

Want to know if your coffee maker is clean? Open the top where you put the water, shine your phone flashlight, and if there is no mold you’re good. 90% of restaurants have dirtier coffee makers, even the high end places.

Edit: 10+ years as a restaurant operating partner and general manager for multiple brands

Excellent tip! I can tell you what moldy coffeemaker coffee tastes like- and it is NOT GOOD! :crazy2:

Someone had only partially used up the water in our room's coffeemaker, and I didn't think anything of it. That was a big, big mistake.

Even after that experience, we don't hesitate to use the coffee maker- the water is boiled, after all. But I do check it now!

I use it but not good coffee. I'll explain: Joffrey's is excellent coffee and a local premium coffee company. The problem is the WDW coffee makers. They aren't kcups. They use coffee bags like tea bags. The coffee comes out weak and pale. I still use it but plus it up with a shot of starbucks via instant coffee. YMMV.

The coffee makers at CSR are Keurig so they are kcups. It happened with the remodeling.
Not sure about other Disney resorts. :flower1:

I drink coffee and like some of the Joffrey coffees. We use my husband’s French press when staying in unit with a microwave and or stove. Enhances the flavor of the coffee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter