Do you actually use the coffee maker in your room?

Do you use the in room coffee maker?

• Yes I do

Votes: 90 58.1%
  • No I dont

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • I use it but not for coffee (explain)

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters
No. I don't drink coffee.

DS2 does, but he prefers to get it at the parks.

I drink coffee and like some of the Joffrey coffees. We use my husband’s French press when staying in unit with a microwave and or stove. Enhances the flavor of the coffee.
French press truly is the best. It does enhance the coffee flavour. This is my preferred brewing method too.

Not really. I tried to use it last month, the one in the royal rooms, and it was AWFUL. No instructions and works like utter crap so I usually just load up on coffee at wherever I am eating breakfast.

Last edited:

I just don’t like the coffee made in those things. I don’t know what it is but I don’t. I have in a pinch but usually get a mug and take a nice leisurely walk to the food court to get my coffee in the very early morning.

I know the Board of Health will watch a restaurant for violations so I’m not sure it’s a fair comparison?

It’s a well known fact that certain things never get cleaned in a hotel room. Coffee pot & remote control are 2 that come to mind. But if anyone else wants to use a coffee pot that may or may not have been used to cook hotdogs or clean a dirty cloth diaper (as 2 very extreme examples), more power to them. I personally am not a coffee addict that NEEDS it to function on vacation.

And yes, I am that person that Clorox wipes everything in the room when we check in, maid service or not.

This! Thank you! And, for the same reason I will not drink from public water fountains. I've seen some stuff personally, and heard some stuff from others.

Yes, but I bring my own creamer. The room coffee may not be the best, but it gets my eyes open and my body moving until I can get more at a coffee place in the parks :)
I pick up half and half or have it delivered. It’s more appetizing to me than the packaged stuff.

Religiously, every morning! There is something very sacred about morning coffee and I don't want to gamble with trying to find some before I get a headache. LOL.

When I have fasting blood work I am a mess until I get my coffee. I guess I should brew some and take it with me for after.

I tried using the cuisinart pod coffee pot once and it just made hot water with a slight hint of coffee :sad2:.

We always get the mugs, DH goes to get our coffee while I start getting ready. However since we're now DVC and the villas have an actual coffee pot we will probably use those.

Since DH jokes that I have coffee in my veins instead of blood, I use the coffee maker when there's one available.
Used to bring my own brewer before they were widespread, and every trip, without fail, TSA took the bag apart :sad2:

We typically take the first day to settle in and do a shop for supplies - most important of which is half & half. I pack my own coffee, and have a couple of refillable pods.

I will admit that QS coffee is MUCH better now than when we went to WDW in the past. The memories of Nesca-crap still make me shudder :scared:

I only drink coffee when the food court or gift shop doesn’t have the lo-carb Monsters available. With that said, I only have them when I really need the energy as they are a health disaster :D

I pick up half and half or have it delivered. It’s more appetizing to me than the packaged stuff.
I use to buy the little cartons of milk until this past trip to AKL. I went to the QS and asked if I could get creamer and sugar for my coffee in the room. She gave me a cup for half/half and a bag for the raw sugar...no charge.

We also have to pack my husband’s coffee. He was brought up in New Orleans drinking coffee and chicory starting in middle school. He is a purist where that is concerned. Can’t find it in the places we travel to so we “import” it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter