Do you and your significant other have a song?

Mermaid02

DIS Veteran
After our first date and a terrific first kiss my now husband told me "Kiss you tonight" by David Nail reminded him of that night. So it's always kind of been "our song". Our wedding was at city hall with a couple of friends and lunch after so we didn't have a first dance- but if we had I would have wanted it to be to "Annie's Song" by John Denver.

Just wondering what other couples have for special songs.

I went on a blind date with my husband to a dance hall and our first dance was Waltz Across Texas. I told him I couldn't waltz but he just told me nonsense and took my hand and led me to the dance floor. I was very quickly not regretting my blind date :) Now, all that being said, I may be the only one remembering that that was the song we danced too. :)

Kinda. We have a Classic Rock compilation CD. (I guess now it would be considered Vintage Rock) When asked we usually claim “Layla” by Derek and the Dominos (aka Eric Clapton) or “Alright Now” by Free. Layla just happens to be the first song on the CD and Alright Now is where we were at, at the time. (Casual, nothing serious) No dancing or music at our wedding but Layla is the name of our current dog and Alright Now is my ringtone for DH.

Our song brings to mind a duo of fame and fortune as a pair and as individuals, was immortalized in the movie "Groundhog Day" and is used in various commercials.

Not really. For me, I have a few that mark certain points in our relationship-

Love me Tender- Elvis

All of me- John Legend

Jack and Sally’s song (Simply meant to be)- Nightmare before Christmas

Christmas Bride- Roy Conniff singers

No, but...
DH proposed to me in a park while we were on a picnic. He planned most of the details really well. However, he didn't plan the music. He brought a little boombox and had some mix tape or cd with songs we liked, but he didn't pick romantic songs, per se. When he asked me to marry him, Light My Fire by The Doors was playing. I always tease him when the song comes on the radio that it is "our song."

We didn't have a wedding, got married at a courthouse, so no wedding song. We've been a couple for about 21 years now, so we have a lot of songs that are meaningful to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!