Do you answer your cell phone if the call is not from a contact?

kdonnel

DVC-BCV
Do you feel compelled to answer your cell phone if the incoming call is not from a stored contact?

I gave up years ago answering my cell phone if someone's picture didn't pop up on my home screen. I average about 10 calls a day that I let go to voice mail. Someone ends up leaving a voice mail about every 60 days and I add that number to an existing contact or create a new contact so I know to answer in the future.

I am never bothered by telemarketers since I never answer their calls.

Nope - I don't know anyone in New York or Texas so I know it isn't someone I would care to talk to! Whenever I get really curious I Google it and someone inevitably has already posted that it's spam and they also get multiple calls with no message left...

Do you feel compelled to answer your cell phone if the incoming call is not from a stored contact?

I gave up years ago answering my cell phone if someone's picture didn't pop up on my home screen. I average about 10 calls a day that I let go to voice mail. Someone ends up leaving a voice mail about every 60 days and I add that number to an existing contact or create a new contact so I know to answer in the future.

I am never bothered by telemarketers since I never answer their calls.

No. I probably won’t even answer if you’re one of my contacts. If it’s important, leave a message.

Nope - I don't know anyone in New York or Texas so I know it isn't someone I would care to talk to! Whenever I get really curious I Google it and someone inevitably has already posted that it's spam and they also get multiple calls with no message left...

When I get these, as soon as it stops ringing I go ahead and block the number immediately.

No. Even if I am not sure about a number I let it go, and if they leave a message and it was someone I did want to converse with, I call them back.

To be honest, most of my contacts are more likely to email or text me.

Nope. I only answer phone calls from people whose contact info is already stored on my phone.

I usually don't. But the constant ringing gets really annoying. Recently, a well-renowned non-profit that I donated to has been harassing me. I told them to stop, but they still call.

I have an ill parent now, so I get scared every time the phone is an unknown number. Did they fall? Is someone calling from a random cell phone to tell me they found them?

So, even if you don't answer telemarketing calls, you can see how people with different circumstances can be bothered by the constant calls.

I rarely get to my phone in time to catch a phone call. If we're out and my phone is in my pocketbook I rarely even hear it ringing! If I do, I answer if its our area code just in case it's a number from one of the kids' schools that I don't have saved.

Unfortunately, due to work, I have to catch a lot of calls from all over the world. I'm not blocking someone from London because that might be my client's London office attorney. Otherwise, I never would.

Usually no if it isn't a number in my contacts. If it goes to voicemail I will check to see if it is someone I need to call back. Only exceptions are if I am expecting someone to come to do work at the house ( Heating, AC etc) in case they are using a cell rather than the office phone or some other special circumstance.

Unfortunately, due to work, I have to catch a lot of calls from all over the world. I'm not blocking someone from London because that might be my client's London office attorney. Otherwise, I never would.
Change the word unfortunately into fortunately. And delete your last sentence. So much more positive. And confident sounding. :)

Nope. According to my family I have a freakishly organized and ridiculously long contact list. I put everything in there, doctors, hospitals, schools, groomers, even Disneyland. But hey, 95% of the time I know who’s calling me. When it’s an unknown number I reject it and then check the voicemail. If it’s spam or someone I don’t know I block the number. My DH and DD think it’s pointless to do that but get I FAR less spam calls than they do.

I rarely get calls. If it looks like a local number I will answer it. It can be kids' school, dentist, orthodontist, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter