Do you answer your cell phone if the call is not from a contact?

So far, I haven't been inundated with junk calls on the cell phone, so I tend to answer most, unless its a really weird number. The landline at home (which we still have for now) is another story. Only answer names we recognize.

Nope. Don't answer the home phone either. Funny story...was at my mom's for Thanksgiving and she would answer every call and then proceed to cuss the person out. I asked her why she even answered junk calls and she said because she likes to aggravate them. She got 2 junk call ON Thanksgiving day (it is ridiculous they would call on a holiday and she sure let them know).

Nope, leave a message or get blocked.
I had a lady call me last month about doing some business. I've known her a long time, her deceased husband was my business lawyer. I was on the phone so her message went to my voice mail. I called her once from my office phone and once from my cell, didn't leave a message, most people don't play them any way. But over the next two days I left her SIX messages. She called the following week upset that I never called her back. She didn't believe I had. She was upset enough that I went over to her home and asked to see her phone, I showed her that in the messages there is a way to check blocked voice mails, there were my 6 messages, a long with several other important blocked messages. Apparently she blocks all phone numbers that do not leave a message. I have a 407 area code, but there are 3 other central florida area codes, she was deleting the others, that had messages for her. So one has to be careful, or periodically check for blocked voice mails.

I’ll never understand these types of posts. Great you are unbothered by phone calls. Good for you. Someone else is bothered by what they see as harrassing phone calls. I’m sure there are things that bother you that don’t bother others. It’s life

Yes, I get phone calls from all over on my cell. Other business owners and customers call me directly all the time, I couldn’t keep all their contacts(home/cell/office/managers cell/office line) listed.

I had a lady call me last month about doing some business. I've known her a long time, her deceased husband was my business lawyer. I was on the phone so her message went to my voice mail. I called her once from my office phone and once from my cell, didn't leave a message, most people don't play them any way. But over the next two days I left her SIX messages. She called the following week upset that I never called her back. She didn't believe I had. She was upset enough that I went over to her home and asked to see her phone, I showed her that in the messages there is a way to check blocked voice mails, there were my 6 messages, a long with several other important blocked messages. Apparently she blocks all phone numbers that do not leave a message. I have a 407 area code, but there are 3 other central florida area codes, she was deleting the others, that had messages for her. So one has to be careful, or periodically check for blocked voice mails.

Or, just leave a message in the first place so you don’t get blocked :)

Also, I should admit I answer my phone for fun a lot too. I rarely get spam calls, but I DO get booty calls/texts for the gentleman who had the number before me. Tyrone is a very popular guy. Especially around the holidays, I get lots of "I'll be in town" type of calls. When I answer they're like "where's Tyrone, you his girlfriend?" and it can get pretty funny.

For the most part, I don't. Same actually goes for my work phone - unless it's an internal caller or a number I recognize, I let it roll to voice mail. I get too many cold calls from prospective vendors.

My DH doesn't. I usually do if it is convenient. I will generally confirm who I am but never with a "yes"...I always just say, "I am Mrs. Smith." If it is clearly telemarketer/scam, I hang up as soon as I know without saying anything else. If it is a telemarketer that I have sympathy for (I know my alma mater has students call for donations), I will generally say "sorry, I can't today" and hang up.

Haven't yet and don't plan on doing so. I have a landline for all my doctors, insurances, etc. Only friends and family have my cell #.

I’ll never understand these types of posts. Great you are unbothered by phone calls. Good for you. Someone else is bothered by what they see as harrassing phone calls. I’m sure there are things that bother you that don’t bother others. It’s life
One of the purposes of a message board is to discuss. It would be mighty boring and pointless if we only discussed things we all had the same beliefs about. Even if I don't participate in threads by posting I read and get exposed to different views and ideas, as a result I grow and change as a person. It's life.

Mostly not, unless I am expecting a call from someone whose number I do not know. Like now waiting to hear from car insurance (they have called from 2 different numbers so far) & the body shop where my car is being repaired. But I don't understand why companies names don't show up on caller ID now like they used to do. Guess cause they have about a gazillion numbers, lol.

Not unless I am expecting a call and the number looks legit. Otherwise, I don’t answer. I don’t get too much spam to my cell phone, but my home/business phone is a whole different story.

My new phone has call screening, so when an unrecognized number is calling, I can have the assistant answer it and watch the transcript of the call. If they identify themselves as someone I will talk to, I can answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter