Do you carry a park bag as a solo traveler?

Depending if I'm shopping for something, I carry a small backpack. It's easy to carry and easy for security check.

No - capris with pockets big enough for my phone, a rain poncho and chapstick. Sunglasses on croakies. That's all I need, and that way I get to skip the longer security lines.

I was thinking about security lines. Can probably just stuff cargos. Trying to go all day my park days

I take a messenger bag or soft attache case with a crossbody strap, except for the water parks.

I take a crossbody too with essentials, camera and my LifeStraw bottle.

I take a small back pack

1. Money
  2. Phone
  3. Sunscreen
  4. Water
  5. Book
  6. Travel sized deodorant
  7. Travel size face wipes
  8. Hand fan
  9. Sunglasses

I wish I could NOT take a bag, but I have so much stuff. I envy women who can put everything in their pockets, or in a crossbody. Perhaps they envy me when I start pulling out ponchos, umbrella, wet wipes, plastic baggies, DSLR camera, Go Pro, mints, gum and other snacks.:D

No bag for me. I can get everything I need into the pockets of cargo pants.

Cargo pants are usually good enough. But if you dont want all that stuff in your pockets I usually bring a fanny pack. They are small, lightweight, easily taken off for security, and no need to adjust it for rides. I tried the messenger bags, but they are too big and i just thought to myself why not just bring a backpack instead.

it all just depends on what you plan on bringing. Most of the time Cargo pants are good enough, but sometimes on hotter days i will usually bring my fanny pack for sunscreen and what not.

As long as there isn't rain in the forecast for the day and I don't need to pack rain gear, I don't bring a bag. ID, CC, chapstick and phone all fit in my pockets. I put on sunscreen before I leave for the parks and usually don't re-apply during the day.

If I bring a backpack can I bring it on all rides with me or will I need to rent a locker to store it. Not sure if I can bring on SM, BTM, SDMT etc...

I have a rule: If it doesn't fit in cargo shorts, it doesn't come into the park with me.

If I bring a backpack can I bring it on all rides with me or will I need to rent a locker to store it. Not sure if I can bring on SM, BTM, SDMT etc...

If its a standard sized backpack most rides have storage underneath the seats where you can put it. Otherwise you carry it on your lap.

I wear cargo pants and take a small string bag with no metal. Stuff everything including bag in pockets to get through security then I transfer everything to the bag once I’m in the park cause I hate being weighed down.

I usually have water, sunscreen, phone charger, sunglasses (or regular glasses if wearing sunglasses), disposable poncho and wallet in there.

Yep, almost always have a crossbody purse. Sunscreen is a necessity for me, as is a hat and sunglasses which I stuff in there when on rides or inside. Refillable water bottle, phone and charger, poncho, tissues, ID, credit card, ibuprofen, some cash, reading glasses in a case. I have a medication which should be taken around 3 PM so that also. I don't carry a purse at home, but do have one in the parks.

Occasionally if I am onsite at Universal and go back to the parks in the evening I can skip a lot of that and use pockets, since the resorts are so close to the parks.

Last edited:
I will point out that, in spite of what phone manufacturers tout, the resolution on a compact point and shoot camera will always be superior to a phone camera(and obviously, micro 2/3rds cameras and DSLRs have even better, in that order). In choosing whether to carry a bag or not, consider how you plan to use your photos and if you are willing to sacrifice resolution for portability. If you plan to have anything made with your photos, a point and shoot digital camera is a bare minimum to get a usable resolution. This is why I carry a small bag or a hip pouch(about camera sized).....I prefer a point and shoot camera for photos over my phone. Just some food for thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!