Do you carry a park bag as a solo traveler?

I usually take a small backpack with items like suncreen, mini deodorant, ziplock bags, reusable water bottle, wet wipes, flip flops for the water rides and a disposable poncho. I will try a fanny pack in September and maybe even go without a bag. Skipping those bag check lines would be great!

I carry a small backpack primarily just in case I decide to purchase something. In my backpack I carry small battery pack with charging cables for my phone, packable rain poncho, sunglasses and hand wipes.

It all depends...I have a Lowepro Sling 102 that I can "usually" carry all that I need in that...i.e. Camera, extra lens, batteries, cell phone, external charger, wallet, sunscreen). I also have a PacSafe Camsafe V8 that is easier to hold a little bit more like a water bottle and a poncho. I think for my upcoming trip in August I will probably use my PacSafe one because I can put more into it and still be comfortable.

I also have a Lowepro (Adventura SH 120 II Bag)

It's a little on the smaller side so you might have to be choosier on what you bring. But I would hate to lug around anything bigger than that. That being said, my needs are few.

Never in a million years would i have a bag with me. Need to run lean. Cell phone, debit card, credit card, cash, ID.

Same here! I usually use a runners belt with my money and cards in it. I don't even carry a phone because I'm tuned out from the real world when I'm on vacation. I have to be hands free.

I really wish I could go without a bag, but as a fair-skinned redhead, I HAVE to have my sunscreen. Since I have to carry a bag for that, I also take a brush, lip balm, power bank, and a refillable water bottle. I just use one of the drawstring backpacks from Disney. They are super light and comfortable, but can hold more if I need to take along a poncho or if I buy something small and don't want to send it to the resort.

I always take a drawstring backpack with me, regardless of whether I'm alone or with my family. Contents include: water bottle, refillable resort mug (so I can refill as soon as I get back to the resort without stopping at room/in case I end up at a different resort as I'm hoping around during the day), wallet (cash, AP, gift cards), sunglasses, a small snack or two (like granola bar), cooling towel, sometimes a poncho, and a clip to attach a popcorn bucket to the bag so I'm not physically carrying it around in my hand all day

I like to be hands free, but I don’t do pockets, that would irritate me, so I just do a fanny pak. I do not care about lines at security because I have never run into lines!

Lightweight sackpack with:
  1. portable battery (for the phone) and cord
  2. sunscreen (for reapplying)
  3. poncho or baseball cap
  4. sunglasses
  5. resort mug and/or water bottle
If I'm headed to the parks in flip flops because it's raining, I will sometimes stuff lightweight sneakers in there and socks just in case.

That's about the limit of what I can carry before it starts to get annoying. My best friend went with me carrying four water bottles, PBJ sandwiches, bags of snacks, two large 10,000maH batteries, assorted first aid just in case, change of shorts, pair of jeans, and a sweater for nighttime. I marched him straight over to the lockers and made him stuff everything inside. lol He ended up not needing any of the stuff until we left at midnight.

Yes, a smaller crossbody hobo bag with:
  1. Sunglasses
  2. Phone
  3. Money / Credit Card / ID
  4. Sunscreen / Lip Balm
  5. Water Bottle
  6. Hand Fan
  7. Tylenol - Travel Size
  8. Rain Poncho
  9. Large Cotton Handkerchief
  10. Tissues - Travel Size
  11. Hand Sanitizer - Travel Size
It looks like a lot, but all but the water bottle take up very little space. There is always room for small purchases, like sweets and pins.

I use a backpack purse (not a full size backpack). I have 3 different ones, I've termed them my "theme park purse." I carry a sanitized wallet (ID, one CC, GC and/or cash). I'm much more likely to carry a full meal (no drinks but possibly mix-ins) in that bag if alone. Would get too bulky to pack for 4. No matter how many is in my party there will always be snacks carried in! I will carry a small mircrofiber wash cloth to wipe seats after a FL pop-up storm. I always carry a super small umbrella, used rain or shine. 1-2 disposable ponchos per day. If hot, a Frogg Togg towel and/or personal battery fan. Lip balm, headache medicine, eye drops, hair band, 2 external chargers, one charging cord with cube as I can usually find a plug at a food stop. Sunscreen and Bodyglide can usually stay in the room as I usually plan to come back mid-day for a break and the umbrella can come out if I've had enough sun.

I'm usually solo these days so I don't have to carry much, bu the idea of stuffing my pockets, or possibly losing something, has me using a purse. But at least it's my Disney Vera! I have a couple different of the original two patterns that I use just for the Disney trips.
I carry:
Lip balm, tissues, small wallet with some cash and cards and id, park ticket at DL, my phone and charger, pain and tummy meds, blister bandages, and some lotion and sunscreen.
I also don't mind the bag check lines, they usually either move pretty quickly or aren't that long when I get there. Rope drop (get there early!) and later afternoons just don't seem to be that bad.

I always bring a bag. If I'm doing open to close then I'll do a locker rental so I don't have to carry everything all day. I like to be prepared so I carry: Fan, advil, electrolyte replacement tablets, cooling rag, water bottle, camera, extra battery for phone, gum or mints. My bag is usually pretty empty but I like having a bag big enough that I can put my headband ears in them for rides so that I only have to worry about grabbing my bag when I get on and off rides. I usually have a regular size backpack but trying to go to a small crossbody backpack - I bought this one. So far it's been comfy when I've done tester trips to the mall and museums. I like that I can swirl it to the front to open get things in and out without having to take it off. https://kavu.com/collections/view-all-bags/products/paxton-pack?variant=12113503092807

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts