Do you carry your phone at home?

I put my phone on do not disturb when I go to bed, then take it off when I get up in the morning. Calls don’t come through unless it’s one of our kids, they have to call twice then it will come in. I have it set that way in case of an emergency with them.
I have mine set up that way too. There’s also a couple of ways to set it up so they’ll always ring through on DND without calling twice.

On a recent Disney trip, DH discovered the step-tracking app on his iPhone, & overnight, turned into a manic step-counter. Then we came home.

He quickly realized that in order to track his steps here, he would have to carry the phone all the time, which he refuses to do when at home, so the step-tracking stopped.

The whole topic made me wonder, how many people actually carry a mobile phone around the house, vs. parking it on a charger at home.

So, are you a carrier, or a parker, and why?

Gateway drug to a Fitbit/Apple Watch/etc.

And at home I'm mainly a carrier. I do a lot of stuff on my phone. And by "do a lot of stuff," I mean "play games too much."

About 90% of the time, my phone is within arm's reach. I don't carry it around. Steps get counted only if I'm on an actual walk. :-)

I'm a carrier. I don't have a landline, so my cell is my main mode of contact. I usually leave it on the coffee table if in the living room or kitchen, but if I go upstairs, it will go with me.

Apple watch for counting steps, or a fitbit. The step counter on the phone is not as accurate as the other two.

At home? I lost my phone once. One of my kids texted me, I heard it, but I can't directionalize digital sounds so I couldn't find the dang phone. I hunted for over an hour. Guess where I found it? Yup, in my pocket. I never have it in my pocket at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter