• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Do You Celebrate EVERYTHING at Disney?" "HECK YES" 1st Pre-Trip/Trip Report

MinnieRx85

Earning My Ears
HI Everyone!!

So I have been lurking here at the Disboards since 2007 and I figured that this EXTRA special trip should be the one I introduce myself with! Before I get into the reasoning behind this special trip I should introduce the cast of characters!

First there is DH:

n773825656_618873_4191.jpg

DH is an active duty soldier for over 14 years! He has been a hard sell on Disney from the beginning and is the voice of the "Do you celebrate EVERYTHING at Disney?" quote. You can't blame the guy though, he grew up on a sheep ranch in Oregon and his family never had ANY time to travel or go on vacations! His vacation life truly started with me.

Then there is Sara AKA Me:

9530_313999920656_773825656_9515647_2983939_n.jpg

My love of Disney started I am sure in the womb! I grew up in a military family (My Dad retired after 30 years as a Command Sergeant Major) so our one constant were our annual family vacations spent at Disney World.

18437_429044670656_773825656_10846636_4266116_n.jpg

(this is me and my sister at Disney in 2000!)

Now about the Trip! We are spending 5 days and 4 wonderful nights at Coronado Springs Resort on January 5 - 9, 2011! We have booked the new Military Disney Salute package and we have added on Deluxe Dining!

Now, not that I need a reason to go to Disney, this trip actually has a couple of WONDERFUL celebrations attached to it.

First thing is first, I am about to join my husband in the U.S. Army as an Officer!!! I found out at the beginning of September of 2010 that I was accepted into the Army Officer Candidate School!! Which means by July of 2011, my first professional goal will come true and I will be a 1st Lieutenant in the United States Army!! :dance3:

While I am extremely excited, the first step in this officer program is me attending Basic Training in February:

index.jpg

So as you can see this Disney trip is a very important last "Hoorah" before the "real fun" begins! I will also be separated from my husband who will continue being stationed at the military base we are at now, hopefully to be reunited after all my schools at the end of next year!

Now for the second celebration, I will be running the Disney Half Marathon on the 8th of January!

disney_world_marathon09-4.jpg

Not only will I be achieving one of my goals, I will also be shaping up to "ship out" to Officer's school!

Needless to say, we are both very excited, not only to go to Disney but to be celebrating a very special vacation together!!

n773825656_5860679_6686-1.jpg

Stay Tuned for ADR information and more special details!!

So with the new military discount we have offically booked the Wilderness Lodge/ Coronado Springs Split stay!!!!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :banana: :banana:

I can't believe we are actually going to be staying at our dream resort Wilderness Lodge!!

So our nights will be January 5-7 at WL and then January 7-9 at CSR!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter