do you collect anything ?

I collect refrigerator magnets.

Me too!

I work with kids and when they go on vacation they must bring me back a magnet from their travels. I have magnets from all over the world. I live vicariously through them! :rotfl:

Souvenir Hurricane glasses from the Hard Rock Cafe. I only have Orlando (2 of them), Boston, and Foxwoods so far. I went to the one in Niagara Falls some years ago, but I forgot to get my glass. I have a list of all the places where I want to go and whether or not they have an HRC.

I also have Planet Hollywood glasses from Chicago and the Mall of America, and a Cheers glass from Boston. I want to get House of Blues glasses from Chicago and New Orleans, too.

My other small collection is coffins. Not full-size or anything, but I have a stone coffin keepsake box, a stained glass coffin jewelry box with an iron cross on the lid, a coffin purse...I'm on the lookout for a coffin-shaped bookcase.

My DBF collects Pez dispensers. He's got quite a respectable collection!

I have a collection of Disney Lenox figurines.However I struggle to find them in the UK anymore and have to rely on eBay.

I'd say Disney stuff too. Mainly Disney VHS movies... I just haven't had the heart to convert them to DVD because I love the clamshell looks.. LOL.
I've started my Disney Lenox China Collection, but only have 4 pieces so far.

We buy a Disney pin at each trip...
I have a disney lenox collection... Boy is that a challenge when who live in the UK. I also collect fridge magnets from my travels... Much easier to maintain :)

I have inadvertently begun a collection of empty Laduree boxes. My husband occasionally brings me macarons as a treat and the boxes are so pretty I can't bring myself to throw them away. I have them displayed on the bookshelves in my office. They're just the small ones, that hold maybe 6-8 macarons, and each is like a little work of art. So far I only have two of the same style but if they keep coming I'm sure I'll eventually have more repeats, at which point I may have to part with some.

I collect video games, backpacks and toys. I have over 300 NES games and probably over 700 games total.

I enjoy having things that are good quality and useful; for example, right now I'm working on a collection of nice pots and pans -- I have all my frying pans, and now I'm working on saucepans. I enjoy having movies and books, which I can use again. I enjoy new clothes and jewelry. But these are all things that I /we use.

But I don't "collect" anything just for the sake of having it. That's clutter.

When I was a kid/teenager I used to collect Lion King and Nightmare Before Christmas stuff, and My Little Pony, and 33rpm records (not a big 45 fan). The ponies are now on a high display shelf in my kids' play room, and most of the TLK and NmBC stuff I sold/parted with, except for a few things that are in my kids rooms.

So the only thing left that I actively collect are the 33rpm records -- and by "active" I mean maybe 2 or 3 per year. Otherwise, I'm a big purger and I sell/donate/throw away stuff regularly.

I do not collect anything. I have a few things here and there (Precious Moments, Willow Tree etc...), but nothing collected. Now that I think of it, I still have a small rubbermaid container full of Beanie Babies. I never invested in them, I just got them because I thought they were cute.

Disney - in general

I have shells from everywhere we have been, just one or two to add in my jar.

Wine corks... with dates on them...

I don't have thousands of anything, but if I think about this honestly, I have quite a few collections. I have dog stuff that looks like various dogs I've had in my life. I have polish pottery. I have lots of stuff that is peacock color/motiff. I have angels. I taught K and have an alphabet book collection. I have refrigerator magnets and potholders. I also have quilts, teapots, and cross stitch things spread throughout the house. Don't even get me started on books!

I buy stuff I enjoy, people notice I like it and start buying it for me, viola - a collection! I just looked over at my bookshelf and realized there are two teddy bears on it, so I have to admit I also have a teddy bear collection - just most of them are stored in my wannabe grandma collection. That collection is just stuff I've saved from raising kids and from teaching and is mostly packed away, but it's definitely a collection.

I don't think collections have to be in the thousands to clearly be collections. Most people looking at my home would say I don't have a lot of "stuff," but I came up with about 12 things I collect really easily. We do very little gift exchanging at our house - I get maybe a total of 5 gifts a year maybe? - and I'm not much of a buyer. But living 50+ years you just get stuff!

Made me think of the saying "It's not hoarding, if you collect really cool stuff"! I collect LOTS of stuff. Anything Disney (Dept.56, Jim Shore, Thomas Kincade art, Lenox, Bradford Exchange, Swavorowski), teapots, stuffed animals, lithographs, pins...so much I don't even remember it all. I do display some of it, but really cannot put it all out at the same time! I have passed my love for all things Disney on to my family. Even my 3 year old grandson loves all things Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter