do you collect anything ?

Hallmark christmas ornaments. Everyone in the family gets a new one every year, sometimes more than 1 if there is something that is perfect for them on top of the theme they have gotten since being a baby. All 3 kids had over 50 when they moved out, my mom bought them some as well when they were little.

Blown glass spheres and eggs, husband got me first one when we were dating. He has given me one every year since, never on a birthday, anniversary etc. Just on a random day one is somewhere for me to come across, I have 31 now.

Husband has t-shirts, I believe his goal is one for every day of the year. He just will not admit it.

I collect pictures of Mickey in different outfits. Who knew there would be over 700???
Now I am finding some fun ones in vintage parades and shows.

I am not actively collecting, but I do have a large number of Department 56 North Pole Village pieces. I love them and my husband and other family used to buy me more for Christmas and birthdays, but I had to ask them to stop. I just didn’t have any more room to store them or display them. And it was taking me too long to put the display up and then take it down.

I also have a lot of Christmas ornaments. I have many Disney ones and some from other places we’ve visited. I don’t typically buy many souvenirs, but I will purchase an ornament if I see one I like.

I collect Mickey Mouse stuff, as shown in my signature. That collection led to my latest obsession, my Pop figures. I started with a Mickey, and I now have 2, a few Star Wars pieces, and a whole lot of Batman themed ones. I am actually planning on adding 5 new Mickey ones today (the new 90th Anniversary ones). All of my Pops are also documented in my Mickey collection too.

Mumto3girls-
When I originally started the Dept 56 collection, I was bound and determined that I would model it after the train display at the Yacht Club. I would say I had about 75% of the pieces needed. However...what I did not have is the space they have. Duh. So after many years of removing living room furniture and rearranging to be able to fit tables, cords, styrofoam...I have decided it is just too much work involved. I still set it up....but primarly do Disney pieces only (enough in itself). I still think I might pull it off someday:D The other day, I ran into someone who was trying to get rid of her parents huge collection. There is not a huge market for the pieces any longer, so I don't think I would ever try to sell it. I hope when I am gone, that my children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews want some of it, and can find a small amount of joy in it.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!