Do You Enjoy Haunted Attractions Like Scare Houses?

rastahomie

Registered
I'm not talking about actual supposed haunted locales, like the McPike Mansion in Alton, Illinois. I'm talking about the special effects-heavy attractions, where you pay an entrance fee, walk through the sets, and have actors jump out and scare you. Like at Halloween Horror Nights and whatnot.

I love those types of things, and I wish I had the money that I could do more than just one per year. One of my goals for when I win the lottery/get a book contract is to go to HHN.

I don't care for the actors getting up in my business, though. Not because it scares me, but because I hate being a part of someone else's act.

They are ok. I am more of a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party kind of gal.

A few years ago, I went to Busch Gardens Williamsburg during Hall O Scream. They had a haunted area at their Escape from Pompeii.

I would tell them if I saw their feet,lol. And they had people jump out, that was annoying.

Chain saw guys without the chain on it. One guy would allow pics to be taken and one guy was really into character, I was in a feisty mood so I played along with him, I had my dd and her friend both were in high school. This guy was following us for a little bit and tried to run up on us, I just stood there and said he had to do better then that because I grew up partially in a nearby city,lol.

I love a good maze though.

No. I hate having things or people pop out at me. No. No. No.

The first time I went to WDW, I was so afraid of going on the Haunted Mansion I almost gave it a miss.

Yes I enjoy haunted houses.
I like the "jump factor" and how it gets me scared but I know I'm perfectly safe.
And actually I'd kinda like to stay in a supposed haunted location too.

I like them, but only if they are very, very good. Most of them aren't. Even the ones at Halloween Horror Nights were disappointing, but I think that was mostly because of the crowds and that the line never stops so you see that person 10 people up jump and you know it's coming. I used to really like the Universal Monsters walk-through haunted house at Universal Studios Hollywood. That was a permanent installation (well, it was) and much more up to my standards. I hardly waste my time with the ones that pop up around here, though if a group of friends want to, I'll go along.

No, not a fan, although I guess I really don't know for sure because I've never gone through one. I don't think I would like it though. We had a local one for years, but they stopped doing it. There is one about a half-hour from here that people say is really good, but I'll never know for myself. :)

Oddly no. I LOVE horror movies, the scarier the better, but I hate having people jump out at me or grab or chase me.

I enjoy them. I went to Knotts Scary Farm a couple of weeks ago, and they had some really creative houses. One had a flashlight that they controlled, so it was either regular (albeit a little dim), black light that showed creepy things on the walls, or went out completely. They also had a laser tag type one where we shot zombies. It was a fun night.

Yes, I love them!! This year is my 10th year of going to Halloween Horror Nights. It's my favorite event and I do hope you get the chance to go one day, rastahomie!

There's a local haunt here where the actors are allowed to touch you. It was so scary that my chest actually hurt when I left the maze!

Ironically I don't watch a lot of horror films- I get too scared. But the jump scares in a house are more fun than scary for me.

I used to like them as a teen but I hate them now. DH And ODD just went the universal studios haunted evening while YDD and I relaxed at the hotel pool.

Not at all, I don't mind dark rides that are scary but am not a fan of walkthroughs where scare actors jump out. I have tried a few over the years when they are included at local amusement parks and instead just stick to the rides that time of the year. I can deal with the scare zones that are more open and sometimes you have to walk through to get to certain areas of the park (like at Dorney Park where you can't get to the coaster Hydra without going through scare zones).

I'm not talking about actual supposed haunted locales, like the McPike Mansion in Alton, Illinois. I'm talking about the special effects-heavy attractions, where you pay an entrance fee, walk through the sets, and have actors jump out and scare you. Like at Halloween Horror Nights and whatnot.

I love those types of things, and I wish I had the money that I could do more than just one per year. One of my goals for when I win the lottery/get a book contract is to go to HHN.

I don't care for the actors getting up in my business, though. Not because it scares me, but because I hate being a part of someone else's act.

Oh, yeah
I haven't been to one in forever. Maybe DH and I can go this year, since DS is old enough to be left alone at night now.

I know you're not too far from Illinois, if you ever head up north you should totally check this place out: http://www.hauntedravensgrin.com/

Now, it's been 20 some years since I went there with my friends in high school, but I still remember what a truly unique experience it was, like no other haunted house, and it looks like it's still getting good reviews. I'd love to know what it's like now!

I haven't been to a haunted house for a long time, but I didn't enjoy it then and doubt I would now. I don't enjoy being scared and particularly dislike being startled. I can't fathom why people would pay to have it done to them on purpose! (Not saying there's anything wrong with it, but it's so far out of the realm of enjoyable for me it's hard to imagine why other people like them.)

I love them! But I have to pass this year due to my balance issues. Hopefully, next year.

I like them. I'm very jumpy so I'm always the one in the group screaming at every scare and the one the actors target.
I haven't been to one in a few years. The last time I went to one it was a haunted corn maze.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter