Do you enjoy reading trip reports?

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by FutureDisneyEventPlanner, Mar 11, 2019.

1. FutureDisneyEventPlanner

FutureDisneyEventPlanner DIS Veteran

I've been curious about this...

Do you enjoy reading trip reports? Both pre and post?

How soon is too soon to start a pre-trip report, in your opinion?

2. DisLiss

DisLiss Mouseketeer

I really only enjoy reading them once they are finished. As in the person is done with the write-up, whether it be pre-planning or the actual trip report. I have no patience with coming back to a bunch of trip reports I have started reading each time there's another update. I forget what I've already read and I get people confused with other people. It's just not for me. :)

I prefer a pre-trip report to be fairly close to the trip, or again, by the time the trip report shows up I feel like I need to re-read the pre-trip to remember who the heck you are. ;)

kappyfamily and DisDreaming4116 like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. barbieb21

barbieb21 Earning My Ears

agree with above. I hate getting invested in a TR and then to find out they have only done 2 out of 7 days from their trip last year! I try to come back but then you end up following so many reports they bleed together.

Regarding when to start, I would think 30ish days is good.

DisLiss likes this.
  5. TinkAriel111

TinkAriel111 Earning My Ears

I love readying all of them! I like following along with peoples as they go through the pre-planning process!

I am working on a Pre-Planning now!

6. petals

petals Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

I like reading them. I find more information about parks, restaurants etc by reading them than doing a general google search so I find them helpful

7. BadPinkTink

BadPinkTink DIS Veteran

the ones I actually read, and dont skim through are the ones which have some different angle. I have no interest in the generic trip reports with the me at main street , my kids meeting Mickey, oh look me at Haunted Mansion photos. I have no interest in reading for the infinite time the same tour of the park , just by different people.

Trip reports which catch my attention are the ones which are easy to read with short paragraphs, bullets and lists. I like seeing a new perspective of the park, I like seeing different ways of doing things, different experiences

8. stoudty

stoudty Earning My Ears

I much prefer listening to trip report podcasts, since many trip reports are often difficult to read with all the comments after each post, but yes, I enjoy the concept of them.

9. kappyfamily

kappyfamily DIS Veteran

I agree with the above. I’ve never understood why it takes someone months (and sometimes months and months)to get one finished? I totally get it that life happens and you get busy, but everyone is busy. When I’ve done one, I do it live while I’m there. Each night in the hotel, I post a couple pics and give my reviews. Then when I’m back home the next day I wrap it up. There’s even a trip report from December of 2017 that’s still being updated on here! I can’t even remember what I did a month ago let alone 14 months ago.... ok vent over, :mic: