Do you ever find that CM's see more open rooms than what is online?

kniquy

DIS Veteran
Just curious if anyone has experienced online availability being different from when you talk to a CM.

The only reason I am curious is I have a trip booked - OKW 2BR trying to get a 2BR HH room. I have a waitlist in place but I still stalk availability. Today I actually see all but one of the 2 BR HH days available. Didn't know if it is worth calling in.

Sometimes they have the ability to pull back rooms closer to arrival that have been sent to Disney as breakage.

Most often, though, they have the same info as we do, It never hurts to call.

I used to work in the hotel industry. Yes they can see A LOT more than what the 'public' sees. They can also cobble together single night reservations to free up a room or two.

Sometimes they have the ability to pull back rooms closer to arrival that have been sent to Disney as breakage.

Most often, though, they have the same info as we do, It never hurts to call.
Correct, and they can also see how many rooms a specific day has as well, if it has any. Not sure if they would tell you the amount, but I know they know, since one told me they are checking how many rooms are available. They wanted to make sure there was more then a few left for the old room before doing a switch to prevent me from being without a room if the one I was going to could not be grabbed after cancelling the previous.

I think the new system now gives them the ability to see number of available rooms, something they did not have before.

Correct, and they can also see how many rooms a specific day has as well, if it has any. Not sure if they would tell you the amount, but I know they know, since one told me they are checking how many rooms are available. They wanted to make sure there was more then a few left for the old room before doing a switch to prevent me from being without a room if the one I was going to could not be grabbed after cancelling the previous.

They will tell you how many are there as I have had CMs do that. But, I have never had them say there was something when there wasn’t showing online, except for a day of reservation,

At that time, the online system was not set up like today and it said to always call for rooms within 7 days.

But, for the most part, what we see is what is there.

I know if you call you lose time on rooms that are available on line that may be gone when you get in to ms, but I've never booked online and have always got what I wanted. I've sometimes said, I know there's nothing available but, and guess what, it's there. I normally book no less than 13 nights and mostly 16 to 18 nights, mostly same room, 1 and 2 bdrms. mostly at 7mnths because I combine points. Going on 20 years, never have not got what I needed by calling ms.

Yes, just happened for me. I had a couple of reservation numbers for a stay that we pieced together for VGF...1 night was still waitlisted. I called to combine the back half of the reservation into 1 reservation number and asked them to check the waitlist (as it was the only night showing unavailable online) and was told that it came through...
They are combining the entire stay to 1 reservation now... :mickeyjum

Yes, just happened for me. I had a couple of reservation numbers for a stay that we pieced together for VGF...1 night was still waitlisted. I called to combine the back half of the reservation into 1 reservation number and asked them to check the waitlist (as it was the only night showing unavailable online) and was told that it came through...
They are combining the entire stay to 1 reservation now... :mickeyjum

But, I think that is different because the system pulled it for you. So, a CM can see that a waitlist is filled, they do not have access to special rooms set aside.

Congrats! So nice when things come together!. I just canceled out a few early Dec nights at VGF so someone was excited to get them I’m sure!

But, I think that is different because the system pulled it for you. So, a CM can see that a waitlist is filled, they do not have access to special rooms set aside.
I am not sure that it was filled through the system though...it definitely wasn’t showing that it had online. With the conversations tone, I feel that it is entirely possible that there was inventory pulled to fill the request
🤷‍♀️

I am not sure that it was filled through the system though...it definitely wasn’t showing that it had online. With the conversations tone, I feel that it is entirely possible that there was inventory pulled to fill the request
🤷‍♀️

Rooms that are used to fill waitlists do not ever show up online. They system checks for canceled rooms and pulls them if a waitlist happens,

Now, rooms get through and show up even when someone has a waitlist,

But, if the waitlist was filled when you called, it means the system grabbed it after it was canceled by another owner...which is how the waitlist process works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!