• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you ever leave a gift?

chunkygal

Mouseketeer
In the past I have left extra salt and pepper, laundry detergent, nonperishables..I always wonder ..does the next person get it? DO you ever leave something? Do you ever tip mousekeeping? Have you ever found something?

In the past I have left extra salt and pepper, laundry detergent, nonperishables..I always wonder ..does the next person get it? DO you ever leave something? Do you ever tip mousekeeping? Have you ever found something?
The only thing we have ever left was unopened bottles of water or soda.

Mousekeeping is supposed to remove any and all items left from previous occupants.

Since that is the case, maybe it would be worth checking into the "owner's locker" thing for those "non-perishables"?

I like the "pay it forward" idea, but I'm sure it's too much of a liability issue for Disney to leave things for the next owners.

I don't think of the things you leave as gifts, money or note how you felt about the service etc. but I have not done that either. You can't tip like a short stay in a hotel there you have daily service and can tip each person based on there service. At Disney you don't know who cleaned or not your room before you got there.

Mousekeeping is supposed to remove any and all items left from previous occupants.

Agreed/ That is the SOP...however, I have checked in to find some 'extras' not on the Standard list before - all in orginal packaging - a nice extra, but not one to be planned for! :)

We always put the stuff in a bag and put a note on it and put it in front of someones door.

We always put the stuff in a bag and put a note on it and put it in front of someones door.

Hmmm, why do I have visions of stink bombs awaiting me? :confused3 :lmao:

I've given gifts away. Last time I flew to Disney we rented a car and sent 5 hungry adults to the grocery store. BIG MISTAKE! We ended up handing off a bunch of unopened stuff to some family checking in (big bag of potato chips, sodas, etc.)

As far as leaving stuff, we once left three cans of tuna in the pantry. And last time, we left a container of instant coffee. But I expect the only ones who got it were the mousekeepers or the landfill.

That is so nice.

DH and I think the mousekeepers keep the stuff. We just got back from OKW and on 2 different days, we saw mousekeepers with bags filled with Enntemans boxes and other snacks. Unless, that was just their lunch.:rotfl:

I put stuff in the laundry rooms....

FIguring to help out other DVCers.

Last time, only was in the room 5 minutes before gone.

Goldi

We ended up handing off a bunch of unopened stuff to some family checking in (big bag of potato chips, sodas, etc.)

I usually look for a family, late in my trip, usually at the pool, ask if they are staying for a few more days and have have handed off to them these things too + beer, wine, and anything unopened that they can use. :goodvibes

I left detergent in the laundry room. I always wondered if anyone used it.:confused: I will probably do it again this time since I can not used it all.

I always leave my laundry soap in the room. Never thought about taking it to the laundry room. I will do that next time. :thumbsup2

We had ice cream, popsicles, water and a few things like that left after our last stay. I had noticed a family two doors down with several small children and when we were working on packing up I heard them in their room. I just knocked on the door, asked if they could use the extras and took them down. They seemed to appreciate everything that we took.

I think for fun this what I'd like to do,,,

buy a bunch of colored towels and pre make some "critters" for mousekeeping and leave them as a gift.
Hugs Mel

these are all better ideas than mine of just leaving. I have given away beach and pool toys at the pool, but never thought of finding someone coming or staying to give soap,food (unopened) to and that is a great idea. I usually leave the mousekeepers $20 cause they do a great job getting it ready for us...I have never walked into a dirty suite. We ALWAYS make the mistake of oging to the store hungry when we get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter