Do you ever wish to be cut off from the news?

Yes, I do avoid the news. I'll see enough headlines online to get the big stuff but I don't watch it on tv. I teach and many of my students are dealing with trauma. I need to de-stress at night and just can't add more.

Right now, it is the illegal immigrant Caravan. The rock throwing by the immigrants toward the Mexican authorities. The breaking of the fence at the southern border of Mexico. The problems in Tijuana. The economy of the US. Anything positive that the United States is doing right now.

Sorry but I've read about all those stories. Everyone including the evening news, national and international, print, TV, and online is talking about the economy. How could they not?
As for positive things the US is doing to be honest... I don't keep up with the news for feel good stories although they can be nice from time to time. Just like I I don't have a steady diet of cute tricks pets do on youtube. I read and view the news to be informed and draw my own conclusions.

I need to correct myself re: something I said up post. I do watch the news at the end of the day Monday-Friday. PBS and I make sure DGD watchs it as well. Also Sunday Morning (that's pretty feel good, LOL), Meet the Press or Face the Nation.

I find it odd that many of these “asylum seekers “ are furiously waving las banderas de Mexico, Honduras y El Salvador. Would I be waving una bandera estadounidense if I were seeking refuge in Canada? I don’t think so ...

I had to limit my time watching the news. It just made me depressed and anxious with all the nastiness and bad feelings. I get enough news from various sources to know what is going on so I do stay informed. I have become a convert to the weather channel. I can tell you the weather in almost every part of the country.

No. I start my day drinking a cuppa while reading several newspapers and news channels online. It's calming, I feel informed and nobody is up but me.
I avoid tabloids in any form thus miss the more lurid stories, gossip, and girls in bikinis.
I do the same, then I switch to something less stressful like Disboards or Pinterest as sort of a "detox" before I start my day. I like the reminder that the good in the world outweighs the negative

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!