Do you go out in the rain

• Yes

Votes: 110 90.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Other

Votes: 10 8.2%

• Total voters
Rain, snow, sleet whatever go out- I worked outside for 30 years in all kinds of weather so it doesn't mean anything to me going out in it!

Unless you will melt or float, you gotta keep it moving.

OP, you live in Florida, when is there NOT random rain?

Ha before June, FL was in a really bad drought, do you know how nice my hair looked, good times? lol But yeah I will wait out the afternoon thunderstorm for 15 minutes or something, but I don't often change plans. Just took my dog out for a walk in the rain.

If it's something like shopping, errands, or just going out on a rainy day, I would also prefer to stay home. Usually I like to cuddle up inside and read on grey days, but if it's a good thunderstorm it's nice to sit out on the porch.

However, we have a tendency to have tons of rain during every vacation so we have learned to make the most of that. We have gone hiking, to the beach, etc in the pouring rain.

One year we were at Disney for 12 straight days of record rainfall (after months of drought with absolutely no rain... our arrival day is when it began).

We purchased some nice ponchos that we now bring along on just about every trip we take. We are headed to visit my parents-- bringing our dogs and, of course, the forecast is rain all week-- so the ponchos are the first item I packed.

If it's something like shopping, errands, or just going out on a rainy day, I would also prefer to stay home. Usually I like to cuddle up inside and read on grey days, but if it's a good thunderstorm it's nice to sit out on the porch.

However, we have a tendency to have tons of rain during every vacation so we have learned to make the most of that. We have gone hiking, to the beach, etc in the pouring rain.

One year we were at Disney for 12 straight days of record rainfall (after months of drought with absolutely no rain... our arrival day is when it began).

We purchased some nice ponchos that we now bring along on just about every trip we take. We are headed to visit my parents-- bringing our dogs and, of course, the forecast is rain all week-- so the ponchos are the first item I packed.

We had that happen when we were there for Monsoon week in May 2009. Seven days of virtually non-stop rain. So. much. rain. It gave our family a whole new perspective of dealing with rain.

I had plans yesterday but it started raining and commen sens dictacts to me to stay home in the rain unless there is a good excuse to go out in it

Just rain, absolutely - storms, no! It rains so much down south that we'd never go shopping, etc. Sure, there are beautiful days, but short pop up rains happen very frequently. My umbrella in my car is my friend!! :)

We had that happen when we were there for Monsoon week in May 2009. Seven days of virtually non-stop rain. So. much. rain. It gave our family a whole new perspective of dealing with rain.

Yup, that was it.

I purposely didn't look at any weather before we left because I didn't want to stress myself out about something beyond my control. Besides, DH and I both grew up in FL, so we knew a forecast of rain usually just means a few minutes in the afternoon and it's done. When we arrived, saw how bad it was and watched the local news about flooding, tornadoes, etc, I just went into the hotel bathroom and cried for a few minutes so the kids wouldn't see how disappointed I was. Although we spent 12 days completely drenched from head to toe, we still had a wonderful time. The idea of trying to eat ice cream under ponchos and sitting in the rain for an hour and a half while Wishes was delayed and eventually cancelled sounds absolutely miserable, but it's actually one of our family's favorite memories.

Yup, that was it.

I purposely didn't look at any weather before we left because I didn't want to stress myself out about something beyond my control. Besides, DH and I both grew up in FL, so we knew a forecast of rain usually just means a few minutes in the afternoon and it's done. When we arrived, saw how bad it was and watched the local news about flooding, tornadoes, etc, I just went into the hotel bathroom and cried for a few minutes so the kids wouldn't see how disappointed I was. Although we spent 12 days completely drenched from head to toe, we still had a wonderful time. The idea of trying to eat ice cream under ponchos and sitting in the rain for an hour and a half while Wishes was delayed and eventually cancelled sounds absolutely miserable, but it's actually one of our family's favorite memories.

We had a 2-day drive to get there. We checked the weather before we left on Saturday and it looked like there might be scattered showers on Monday. No big deal -- I was already coming up with a plan to work around it. Got there Sunday afternoon and it was sunny. By the time we got to Epcot, the rain had started. We soldiered through and figured Monday would be better. Then we watched the news and saw downpours for Monday and scattered showers for Tuesday...which turned into downpours every day for the foreseeable future. Like you, I was so disappointed. We had planned this trip for May to go to the Flower & Garden festival and because may was generally better weather and lower crowds than June (when we usually visit Disney). My husband looked at me and said, "You can't control the weather. But you can control how you react and respond to it. Let's go buy the Disney rain ponchos..." And that was the end of the moping for me. We had a great trip -- lots of laughter. And when the sun did come out for a brief visit most days, we'd take a ton of pictures. When people see the pictures, they can't believe how much rain we had that week because we took so many pictures in the 15 minutes of sun each day. A friend of mine said that when she was watching The Weather Channel that week, they just kept showing that low front stuck over central Florida and saying, "This was not the week to take a trip to Disney World...." The funny thing was, there was the whole swine flu scare going on at that time. Rumors of not being able to find hand sanitizer in Orlando, Disney was running out of it, yadda, yadda, yadda. I took tons of gel sanitizer and Clorox wipes. Well....once that rain started, I guess no one gave a second thought to the Swine Flu and I ended up bringing home 90% of the sanitizing stuff I took on that trip. :D

Depends...
  • I own Goretex
  • where am I going?
  • love modern day Doppler radar where you can see forecasts a few hours away

As my Mother always said "you're not sugar, you won't melt" if you go out in the rain. :)

I will go shopping in the rain, just use an umbrella going from store to store.

Now if I was planning a 2 or 3-mile walk, then no, I probably wouldn't go and would wait for the rain to stop.

My new neighbor thought I was crazy when I was outside twirling around in the rain. It was really hot and our air conditioning was broken. I will also run through sprinklers - just did 2 weeks ago when I was gardening and it was hot.

Yesterday my daughter and I were desk shopping, driving from store to store in the rain. We still don't have a desk for her - she is being so darn picky!
And I often have the Post Office Drop off on the loading dock in the rain - one time the sky opened up when I was in the middle of it and it looked like I'd been swimming. I had to come home and change my clothes and dry my hair before I could go to the Grocery Store that day.

I decided not to go to Stone Mountain Park one day because it was raining so hard but at Disney World I just put on my poncho and go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!