Do you have a favorite cookbook?

American Bed and Breakfast INNs......and also I love the ones that regular people from communities make up cookbooks from their family favorites......just love them all......also love my venison and moose cooking cookbooks....oh heck.....I love them all......

I always buy the annual Southern Living cookbook (even though I subscribe to the magazine and have all the recipes already). That's what I use when I have to cook dinner for company or something like that.

For day to day cooking, I love the More-with-Less cookbook and Once a Month Cooking. They both have very practicle recipes. Once a Month Cooking is freezer recipes, and More-with-Less is a cookbook devoted to making low cost, nutricious meals. They aren't necessarily low fat, but they are made with wholesome ingredients instead of things like canned soup and other processed foods.

"American Bed and Breakfast INNs"

I have this one too Pumba. It's a great one!

The Joy of Cooking is my old standby.

Three cheers for anything by Southern Living!!I bought my first book in 1982 and it is well worn. I love to get the monthly magazines but am greatful for the yearly books so I have everything in one place. The holiday magazines are also great!

I have a collection of church cookbooks with "southern" recipes in them. These are the ones we grew up on and are anything but healthy.

TK

I have a Betty crocker cookbook that was given to me by my Home ec teacher over 20 yrs. ago, I just love it. The book has alot of stuff that seems have been forgotten. I have used that book to teach my 12 y/o DD to cook. ;)

If it is a cookbook then I love it!! We do have a name brand cookbook that is great. It is a collection of the best recipies from the back of labels and boxes. We have made some easy and wonderful recipies out of this. The desserts are the best!!

I like too many cookbooks. I collected them for a while and have too many! I like the Frog Commissary cookbook, and the All Butter All Sugar book too. Regional ones are great. For a long time I used to buy community cookbooks from whatever area I visited. But with the internet being what it is I don't rely on cookbooks so much anymore.

I also love Food and Wine and Bon Appetit Magazines for upscale stuff and Good Housekeeping, Family Circle, and Woman's Day for normal recipes.

I like my Moosewood cook book. I have had it for years and the pages have spills and stains on them. It has some really great vegetarian recipes in it.

"Stir Ups" which is made by the Junior League of Enid, Oklahoma (great tried and true Southwestern Recipes) I have a Good Housekeeping cookbook from a college cooking class that has all of the basics, even how to set the table for banquets, buffets, etc... Love the Southern Living Annual Cookbooks and the Taste Of Home Cookbooks. Also as someone else posted above, the local cookbooks put out by churches and other organizations are always great! I could build on a room to store just my cookbooks. I love them so much, I just keep buying them, (especially on trips as souvenirs!)

Happy Cookin!
Candi

Does anyone have the cookbook "Make 5 Minutes in the Kitchen Taste Better Than an Hour"? It is made by Betty Crocker.

I just got an advertisement in the mail for this book. All the recipes look great but you know how they make those pictures look.

My reason for asking is that my DDIN doesn't know how to cook. Poor girl, She tries, and she is learning. I thought this might be a good book for her.

I have an extensive cookbook collection I don't use anymore. She would like to have them but I am wondering if those old recipes are practical today. Some of my cookbooks date back to the 50's.

Chessie

My favorite is the Lions Club International Cookbook -- bought it about 5 years ago from our local club.

Usually whatever is current :) I have a ton of cookbooks and enjoy collecting new ones.

Theones I find myself using the most lately...amazing recipes! yum... Barefoot Contessa cookbooks by Ina Garten she has 2 out now...one for parties and one featuring the foods she sells in her shop in the Hamptons!

Toss-up: "Square Meals" by Jane and Michael Stern (old fashioned down to earth American family cooking with a dash of wit and a little tongue-in-cheek thrown in) and "Cooking from Quilt Country" by Marcia Adams (Amish recipes, photos, and anecdotes). I also love the Gooseberry Patch books and any Junior League or church cookbook I can get my hands on.

Betty Crocker and Joy of Cooking are my standards.

Another great basic cookbook is How to Cook Everything by Mark Bitman. This is a great book!

Since I teach Middle School Home Ec I am always looking for basic cookbooks. Anything you can prep/cook/cleanup in 40 min or less!

I just bought a new cookbook-"The Daily Soup Cookbook." I can't wait to try these recipes!!
When I bake, I usually use "Rosie's All-Butter Fresh Cream Sugar-Packed Baking Book."
Lately, I don't use my cookbooks, but go on to epicurious.com. I do still use my Betty Crocker Cookbook!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter