Do You Have a Favorite Park Bag/Purse?

Nope, no change of clothes for any of us. I don’t carry a diaper bag in real life though too (just throw a few diapers in my purse) so we never have backup outfits. We’re way past the baby blowout Stage and I can’t think of another reason to have a spare outfit? If something spilled or dripped we could definitely wait to change back at the room later. We also did splash mountain etc and yup, my 4 year old got totally soaked and then we walked around in the sun so she dried off.

I was totally shocked by how much stuff people brought in in terms of wagons loaded with blankets, towels, backpacks, coolers, snacks etc. For me personally I wouldn’t feel comfortable going on rides knowing all that stuff was sitting out in my stroller unattended (we live in a city so maybe totally jaded ha!) And I surely wouldn’t want to be hauling 4 bags on to rides or waiting in lines with heavy bags.
No, you’re not jaded, just wise. There is a recent thread on here warning people to not leave items unattended. It is a theme park, with hundreds of people having access to your items, and things could get stolen. I am only willing to carry what I can bring on a ride...anything more is just too much.

The first day we used the diaper bag (which is a columbia backpack) and even though I had suggested to my husband "let's use the messenger bag" he didn't listen. The next day he was like, can we just stick a couple diapers/wipes/etc in your messenger bag?
You live, you learn. I’m sure after our first day in the parks our loads will be much lighter the rest of the week.

I love my Kipling crossbody. For such a small size it can hold a lot of stuff. It's water-resistant and machine washable, too.

I have a Vera Bradley mini hipster Disney cross body that goes into the family backpack. In the backpack we have my husband's wallet, snacks for the kids, water bottles, a couple small toys for waiting in line, and sunglasses, hats, extra sunscreen. We still rider swap most rides (except BTM, 7DMT, Soarin..and the backpack fits there). Husband and I take turns carrying the backpack.

Before kiddos we were pretty firm no-bag people (pockets!) but it has been very convenient to have a bag for all the misc "stuff", I admit. :)

Some good recommendations in this thread, I am going to do some browsing for next trip!

I switched to a butt pack and won’t go back. I put all kid-related stuff in the bottom of the stroller, and just carry my personal few things in the butt pack. That way my hands are both free to hold little hands or push the stroller, and there’s no risk of me setting it down and forgetting it. We travel pretty light also for the kids - a few diapers and wipes, a few kid friendly snacks, sunscreen and water bottles. A change of clothes for the infant, and a baby carrier. All of that fits in the stroller. In the butt pack is my credit card, ID, some cash, lip balm, my phone, tiny hand sanitizer. Anything else we need, we can buy.

I used to have a VB crossbody, but it hurt my neck by the end of the day. Now I use a Loungefly mini backpack. DH if it's hot out takes a Camelbak. Otherwise I take his phone/wallet in my backpack.

My small $9 backpack from Target has traveled all over the world and is still in good condition. Rock on, little bag.

I use a Baggalini. I can fit 2 rain jackets (DH and mine), small hair brush, small sunscreen, small hand sanitizer, small lip balm, gum/mints, flushable wipes, very small first aid, bottle of water, cell phone, cell phone external battery, ID, credit card, a few dollars, quarters/pennies (for machines), snack

DH went to carrying nothing, just his lanyard with room key and AP.

Kids each have a simple cinch/drawstring backpack to carry a snack, bottle of water, and rain jacket.

Got us through Universal fine a few weeks ago.

I used to have a VB crossbody, but it hurt my neck by the end of the day. Now I use a Loungefly mini backpack. DH if it's hot out takes a Camelbak. Otherwise I take his phone/wallet in my backpack.

I was looking at the Lingefly mini backpacks but I just don’t know if it will be large enough for the diapers and stuff for an 18 month old. If it was just the 6 year old I’d get one. So - since you have one - is it big enough for diapers, wipes, and a few other small items?

I was looking at the Lingefly mini backpacks but I just don’t know if it will be large enough for the diapers and stuff for an 18 month old. If it was just the 6 year old I’d get one. So - since you have one - is it big enough for diapers, wipes, and a few other small items?

If you layer the diapers on the bottom with the wipes, I think there would be enough room. I usually carry my Rx glasses, my DH's, wallet and a lightweight jacket.

If you layer the diapers on the bottom with the wipes, I think there would be enough room. I usually carry my Rx glasses, my DH's, wallet and a lightweight jacket.

Thanks! I’m thinking going smaller will keep me from over packing. I always manage to fill the space I have but if it’s a smaller bag I get more selective about what I put in it...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter