Do you have broken monorail playset pieces, Tea Cups, Astro Orbiter, and Dumbo specifically

AtomicFrog

Always up for WDW
So my wife has started collecting the long discontinued monorail playset pieces.... But many of the moving ones are broken. You can hear the motor turning, but there is no rotation of the parts. I wish I would have taken pictures, but it's not hard.... tedious, but not hard to fix them. First, these weren't made to be completely taken apart, so you'll be working in a tight space, but anyone can do it. There are about 4-6 main screws on the bottom of the pieces that you take out, then the bottom plate will pop out of the base... be careful as it will only move about 1 1/2-2" it won't come completely off... The motor and drive setup is mounted in a little gold box, that you can't remove... but you will see a little white gear on a silver shaft that drives a big round gear on the upper half of the playset. The gear eventually slips on that shaft and hence, can't drive the big gear. So what I did was take the white gear off and cleaned the gear and shaft with alcohol to get all of the lube off of both of them... I then cut a little tube as a spacer to keep the gear properly lined up with the bigger gear and slid the spacer and little white gear back on... then I put a small drop of super glue onto the spacer and made sure it ran up against the gear and also got onto the shaft. Be careful not to get glue into the gear part itself, or get glue on the spacer that touches the motor housing. If you do, you can turn on the motor and let it turn to keep from gluing the shaft to the housing... just make sure the big gear doesn't touch the small gear and prevent it from adhering to the shaft... I should have taken pics, but it's really not difficult.

PM me if you have any questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter