Do you have criminal ancestors?

From the research I have done I have not uncovered anything. I have heard that my great grandfather was like the "town drunk", and my great grandmother (his wife) was still married to him, but she and the kids lived with another man. Scandalous (for that day and age), but not criminal I suppose.

My Grandfather always said we didn't want to go poking around in family history. What he meant by that, who knows? We always had fun speculating!

Oh yes. Some of them are recent, within the last 50 years.

And some are quite old... I haven't managed to get further back than the 1760's in upstate New York with one branch of my family tree, but like @amberpi alluded to, history is pretty ugly if you descended from people who settled/colonized/invaded/exploited North America...

My husband's family is the same way. Apparently sheep theft in Scotland was Serious Business if you got caught fleecing others! ;) Annnnnnnnnnd technically we are part of the Campbell vs. MacDonald clan nonsense, and my poor husband's face... the look when he found out my ancestors are Campbells! HAHAHAHA

Two that I know of - my father and my great grandfather. My father was an outlaw biker, and by the time he died he had a pretty long criminal record stretching over probably 50 years, mostly petty stuff but with at least one serious conviction that I know of and possibly others that I don't (he didn't exactly keep me posted on such things).

I don't know the specifics of what my g. grandfather did because my grandfather didn't like to talk about him, but I know that something happened when he was in the service before/during WWI that led to him fleeing back to the "old country" (Ireland; my family came over during the Famine) for several years, where he met and married my g. grandmother before coming back to N. America via Canada, using a different spelling of the family name. He eventually abandoned the family, after they moved back to the States, and family legend has it that the reason he left was because his past was catching up to him.

Supposedly I have some kind of connection to Bonnie (of Bonnie and Clyde) through a Parker relation, but I've never tried to track it down. I think Parker was the last name of one of my great-grandmothers. Just thinking about it now and a quick look at Wikipedia she could be as close as one of my grandpa's cousins just based on age and geography. I need to dig further.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!