Do you have to call to renew AP and get the DVC price?

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
I followed the link, and it seems to give me a higher price. Should a Platinum renewal cost over $1000?
Thanks.

You have to call MS to renew at the DVC price. Only tourists (no discount) and FL resident annual passes can renew online.

Yes, I had the hardest time with this last fall!! Because it *looks* like you can do it online, but you can't.

Can you do it in the parks? We're looking to put some tickets towards one AP for my wife. If not, we'll just go with normal Plat APs and get the golds next year.

You can do it in parks, yes.

We took care of our APs, and I’ve made FPs for February!

Can you do it in the parks? We're looking to put some tickets towards one AP for my wife. If not, we'll just go with normal Plat APs and get the golds next year.
I am sorry, but I did not understand “put some tickets”. So, I hope someone here who reads that and understands will answer you.

We have tickets that are part of the package we paid for and are going to apply them to our APs. I already have a Plat AP I renewed earlier and I want to get a Gold for her when we arrive in the parks. So long as I can do that on our last day, in the parks, then I'll get the gold and use the paid tickets towards it.

We have tickets that are part of the package we paid for and are going to apply them to our APs. I already have a Plat AP I renewed earlier and I want to get a Gold for her when we arrive in the parks. So long as I can do that on our last day, in the parks, then I'll get the gold and use the paid tickets towards it.
I think this thread will help you out. But essentially it seems like you are travelling over Blackout Dates of the AP I assume, else you could upgrade the tickets at any point when there in person.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/weird-ap-question-can-i-do-this.3740033/
It seemed from that thread that you can upgrade your last day and still get the Gold AP and have gone over Blackout Dates when your tickets were just regular tickets.

I think this thread will help you out. But essentially it seems like you are travelling over Blackout Dates of the AP I assume, else you could upgrade the tickets at any point when there in person.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/weird-ap-question-can-i-do-this.3740033/
It seemed from that thread that you can upgrade your last day and still get the Gold AP and have gone over Blackout Dates when your tickets were just regular tickets.
@TexasChick123 did you do this recently?

@TexasChick123 did you do this recently?

I didn’t end up doing it, but you can upgrade on the last day as long as it is before you enter the parks that last day. That was my understanding. It was a workaround with blackout dates. I forgot to buy anything when my FP window was opening a few hours later and went ahead and bought the gold AP. Since I couldn’t remember to buy the tickets ahead of time, I was worried I would screw up the upgrading thing. Life is too busy over here!!!

You can upgrade a ticket to the gold AP. But they will not allow you to put the value of more than one towards it,

So, if you have 2 tickets, only one can be used for the new Gold AP

Two years ago, I was able to renew a platinum AP online as a DVC member.
Last year when I renewed, I could renew it online a a DVC member, but when I wanted to go down to the Gold AP, I had to call MS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter