Do you keep the date in mind that your parents passed

Yes, always. I have half of my Mom's ashes with her passing date on the box I made for them. I made an identical box for my sister, who has the other half. Hard to forget. My Dad was killed in a car crash, and the events of that night are sort of seared into my memory like people remember where they were and what they were doing when Kennedy was assassinated or 9/11.

My dad passed in October 1996. I have to think to remember the exact date. Same for my mom who passed in January 2014.

It's kind of hard to forget the dates my parents passed. Mom was a week after her birthday and Dad was the same day as my FIL only 10 yrs later. MIL passed two days before Christmas. I think of them on those days but don't let it get to me. My parents brought us up to believe that to every time there is a season.

Yes. My dad died in 2017 so it hasn’t been that long. But I remember all the events leading up to his death. He died 2/7, but started feeling bad when I was in wdw for nye. He went to the ER for what was supposed to be a gallbladder attack, but by the next morning was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. By 1/13, he was officially diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. By 1/27 he was sent home on hospice b/c they couldn’t get his bilirubin down enough to tolerate chemo. Last coherent conversation with him was on 2/1. By 2/2 he was disoriented, couldn’t understand how to eat or drink & we had to keep him sedated. He slipped gradually into a coma & lingered for 6 harrowing days. It was just me, DH, my sister & my aunt giving 24 hour care. So, I’ll doubt I’ll ever be able to forget all that happened. Every year I start getting anxious around New Years b/c I know the memories are coming 😔.

Yes...it has been many years and I still remember, but they are easy dates to remember

Father Dec. 26 and Mother March 17

My mother passed a day before my father's birthday, so there's no way that I'll not think about them both, then. By contrast, I don't recall the date my father passed.

Absolutely! I may get the exact day wrong because it was such a madhouse at that time. But we always do something for my Dad at the end of January. My girls may make a cake or we may go out to eat at his favorite restaurant. Maybe have a fish fry. He meant alot when he was alive and he still means alot even though he has passed. It was hard in the beginning but, as they say, time does heal all wounds.

I chose to let those dates slip from my memory. I continue to remember them on their birthday though. Unfortunately, my wife can never forget the day her mom passed as it was the same day our youngest was born.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter