Do you like outdoor restaurants or bars or indoor ones better?

Really depends on the atmosphere and weather.
I love sitting on the water with a cocktail and seafood but not if it 95 degrees.

Depends on the view and the weather. Love a nice lake/ ocean view

For example my breakfast view from a few weeks ago

Attachments

• IMG_2537.JPG
    IMG_2537.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 13

I love restaurants & bars w/ outdoor seating - as long as the outdoor seating area is nice & isn't just tables on a patio w/ nothing interesting going on. For me, it's all about the atmosphere.

I especially love outdoor seating w/ a water view. Live music is also a plus. I need adequate shade too during the day.

We have a local taco restaurant w/ both indoor & outdoor seating. The outdoor seating consists of just tables under a roof next to the parking lot. The indoor seating is much more interesting & lively. However, if the weather is nice, we'll sit wherever a table is first available.

By contrast, there's another local restaurant that's at a marina, & I'd much prefer to sit outside than I would inside.

I prefer indoor ones because of the cold, heat and the insects.

It depends on the place, really. We just spent a couple nights in Frankenmuth, Michigan to celebrate my birthday and we ate at two different restaurants, both outdoors. One was Prost! and we had a wonderful charcuterie board, trout dip with crusty bread, and some really great drinks. We ate on the partially covered patio and loved the atmosphere. Yes, there was one fly that annoyed for a few seconds but that can happen indoors as well. It was really nice sitting there enjoying some great food, conversation, drinks, music and people watching too. The other place was the Frankenmuth Brewery and we were there on our last day for an early lunch and chose to eat out on their patio as well, as it had a wonderful view of the river. It was a beautiful sunny day, but not hot and humid, and again we enjoyed some really good food and drinks, and the view. :)

If there is a nice view, and it's not super hot and humid, we always prefer to eat outside. Michigan summers are short, gotta enjoy 'em while we can!! :)

I enjoy eating outdoors if the conditions are just right, but often the conditions aren't just right. So if given the choice, I'll usually choose indoors.

I enjoy eating outdoors if the conditions are just right, but often the conditions aren't just right. So if given the choice, I'll usually choose indoors.
Yeah, a lot can go wrong with nature! :laughing: Too hot or cold, too windy, sun glinting in my eyes, bugs or birds. We never sit outside unless it's in some spectacular and unique locale like on the edge of a mountain - we were at an amazing place in Barcelona and would have really missed out if we'd sat inside.

I love outdoor seating if the weather is nice. We have some right on the wharf so it is nice to watch the boats come & go.

Indoor. Don't like sitting around smokers.

Yeah we learned that the hard way in FL. So now we ask the smoking laws first when we travel. Thankfully MA is non-smoking period, indoor or outdoor.

Indoors - we live in South Florida. But, I would never eat outdoors even when traveling. I don't like my food to get "melty" or the wind or bugs. Or people walking by. Or cars driving by.

Nashville has a ton of great patios which offer fantastic people watching and a general vibe of lounging. I prefer it over inside whenever the weather permits. Some of them can be very meat markety.

In theory outdoor dining is a nice experience. In reality, not so much. It's mostly too hot/too cold/too windy/raining to eat outdoors. The only time in recent years I've eaten outdoors was at F&W, but if there was a place to go inside I'd do it.

Outdoors only if the weather is perfect, or for swimup bars. Indoors all other times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter