Do you look like your name?

meaty

Mouseketeer
I was watching Sunday brunch before and they showed a clip from Russell Brand and a guy said his name was Dave and Russell said "you dont look like a Dave" so I was just wondering if you have ever experienced anything like that?

When I was in college I had an internship. Although my name is Kim, one of the bosses there consistently called me "Nikki." I corrected him multiple times, but he finally said "Eh, you just look like a Nikki," and continued to call me Nikki. What does that even mean, "You look like a Nikki." or a Kim, either?

Last edited:
I'm not sure what a "Colleen" looks like, other than the stereotypical Irish girl (which is what "Colleen" means in Gaelic), red hair, green eyes, round face. I have the round face and the red hair (even though it comes from a bottle, I have the coloring to be a natural redhead, and I think the angel in charge of hair color was napping when God said "red!" and dark brown was next in line). I wish I had green eyes; they've been brown since birth, but now sometimes they're hazel, depending on what I'm wearing.

Queen Colleen

I was watching Sunday brunch before and they showed a clip from Russell Brand and a guy said his name was Dave and Russell said "you dont look like a Dave" so I was just wondering if you have ever experienced anything like that?

I think I look like my full name, but I do remember one person being surprised by the shortened version my family uses.

I don't think I look like my name. Based on others I have met with my name, I think of a quiet soft modest sweet blonde and that's not really me. I am an introvert but not sweet or soft or blonde.

I'm not sure what a "Colleen" looks like, other than the stereotypical Irish girl (which is what "Colleen" means in Gaelic), red hair, green eyes, round face. I have the round face and the red hair (even though it comes from a bottle, I have the coloring to be a natural redhead, and I think the angel in charge of hair color was napping when God said "red!" and dark brown was next in line). I wish I had green eyes; they've been brown since birth, but now sometimes they're hazel, depending on what I'm wearing.

Yeah, I'd say that's what a Colleen looks like. And I do. Red-blonde hair, though it is less red than it was when I was younger, fair skin, freckles, hazel-green eyes. Not so much the round face and no curls, which tends to go along with the Irish-girl image, but all the rest.

Another way that it fits - cailin, the Gaelic word our name comes from, means 'girl' but is grammatically masculine... Something we learned from an Irish-born friend and that my kids think is hilarious because fits my personality perfectly.

Not sure.....not sure what a certain name looks like.

I'm a Nancy.....what should I look like?

Well, when you think of the name "Wendy," what (or whom) do you picture? And I'll tell you how close you are!

I actually haven't met a lot of fellow Wendys. Growing up, I was the only Wendy in my school - admittedly, it was a small school.

I'm a member of a local educational group, & there is another Wendy which is the first time I've ever been involved in a face-to-face group where there was someone else w/ my same name. Interestingly enough, she says the same - that I'm the first Wendy in any of her "groups" as well. We both have the same color hair.

I found out when I was in 2nd grade that my name wasn't Kitty......it was just a nickname. I have gone either way with like or disliking it. At my age, now, I really don't care. There are bigger issues out there.

I don't like my name and don't think I look like my name, thank goodness.

I don’t like my name and no, I don’t think I look like a Kim(berly)

My daughter is Grace and she looks like one :)

It's hard to say because everyone has different ideas of what a certain name looks like, and those are usually influenced by someone they've known with that name (or perhaps a fictional character).

My name is one that was very common for my generation, so I doubt anyone would associate it with any specific characteristics, since there are so many of us around the same age.

I have an old lady name. I guess I will grow into it.

LOL, me too. I have an old lady name. I mentioned to my kids once about how old-fashioned my name was, my kids said, "Well Mom you ARE old". So I guess my name finally matches my age. It's a good fit now.

I have a unique name: Faith. I don't think there's a "look" that goes with it.

I do get called Paige frequently and have my whole life by people. It's very, very odd. Apparently, I look like a Paige!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter