Do you loose the WOW factor of the lobby if you check in on-line

wbn36

Mouseketeer
I heard that if you do the on-line check in prior to arrival that you actually check in at another location than the lobby. For those who have gone, did you loose any wow factor by not walking into the lobby and going to the front desk? We will be arriving before our room is ready so how would that work?

Any information would be great.

I don't think so! If anything, it was nicer. We checked in outside at a desk before entering the lobby when we did online check in. There, they give you your leis and a packet of information. There was no line when we got there around 5:00pm and then when we actually walked into the resort, we were free to look around right away. We would do online check in again!

I think the big WOW at Aulani is when you simply walk in the door from the drive. You enter an absolute beautiful space with views out to the pool area. The check-in area is off to the right after you walk into this space.

There is only 1 entry when you arrive so even doing online check-in, you still go through the front doors. All you miss out on is lining up at the check in desk.

Agreed. Here now and did not miss queuing up for Check-in. Will always Check-in online. Very convenient.

Yes, you only miss out on the wow factor of waiting in line at the front desk and viewing the rainbow of items on the wall (which is kinda neat for the first 10 minutes, actually.) :)

I don't think there is much of a wow in the check in Area, the wow part is before you get there

Agree with PPs. If anything, it helps add to the wow factor. When you do online check-in, the CM stationed out front greets you as you're getting out of your car. They hand you your paperwork and you're on your way. As you enter the lobby, that's when the wow factor takes hold and you can fully enjoy the moment with the check-in process behind you. By checking in in-person, you'd then have to proceed to the right to get in the line for the front desk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter