Do you need a balcony?

A1A1

DIS Veteran
Hello. I am planning to try the Portofino hotel for the first trip to Universal this summer.

While looking at the pics of the UO hotels, it looks like none of them have balconies. Is this true?
Does it bother you not to have a balcony to step out on.

I always feel like I spend a lot of time in the am and evening sitting on the balcony watching the people go by as the kids sleep.

I always love a balcony too, but we had such a great time at HRH and the parks that I didn't really care.

I love balconys too but unfortunately the Portofino only has a few balconies but most of them are very small and only standing balconies. The one time I requested a balcony there was a great big palm tree right in front of it, lol.:rolleyes: But, if you don't mind first floor, we once had a west wing room with a little patio outside. It was actually very nice!

Try requesting room 2461

It has a TEENY balcony that overlooks the big pool. It is a (villa) pool view room. It is nice to be able to get fresh air, and also worked out well for us when one adult had to be in the room (sick child) and the other was at the pool with the healthy kids. We could communicate without bothering the other guests at the pool.

The balcony barely has room for the two folding chairs they give you and no table. You can just put your drinks on the thick stone railing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter