Do You own Disney stock? What are the benefits?

Is there a minimum number of shares that you have to purchase to receive all those perks at Disneyland Paris? Do you know what the shares are selling for at the moment?

Thanks!

i am a disney shareholder and am moving to europe and am planing allot of trip to euro disney how do i use my disney stock when i get there i will have been to 3 out of 4 disney so i would love to save money thank you have a good day

We have owned Disney stock for many,many years. I have found this to be my way of supporting Disney as a whole and not just the parks. I has been very good to us.

Jack

i am a disney shareholder and am moving to europe and am planing allot of trip to euro disney how do i use my disney stock when i get there i will have been to 3 out of 4 disney so i would love to save money thank you have a good day

Disney Stock ticker DIS on the NYSE has no benefits beyond the investment.

In the begining of the thread owning stock in Euro disney ticker EDL on the Paris exchange did have a benefit to those holders.

Keep in mind most of this thread is a couple years old and the information may no longer apply.

Wow, I was quite startled to see fairykin's name as the OP for this thread until I realized that the thread was 2 years old. :littleangel:

For the benefits at disneyland paris you need euro disney shares. Just one, but then you have to pay to become a member of the shareholders club. If you have minimum of 20 the club is free. There s more info on the disneyland paris part of this board.

Wow, I was quite startled to see fairykin's name as the OP for this thread until I realized that the thread was 2 years old. :littleangel:

May I ask why? Whats up with fairyskin?

This is btw good info. My dad is big on stocks but never thought of Disney. Hm oh well know I know :)

May I ask why? Whats up with fairyskin?

This is btw good info. My dad is big on stocks but never thought of Disney. Hm oh well know I know :)

Fairykin passed from complications due to swine flu. We all miss her very much. :littleangel:

Long shot but if I have some (a significant amount of) shares but not directly purchased but through a broker (shares are in my name though) how can I sign up for news and invites for webcasts, meetings, etc?

Thanks

DIS shares are priced currently at around $141, which is peak for the last year (it’s rallied since March). With more than 1.5 billion shares outstanding, I’d be surprised if any shareholder park benefits accrue. Owning DIS shares isn’t especially uncommon. As you know, most 401Ks hold mutual funds and the like and it wouldn’t be unusual for those funds to hold some Disney stock. There are probably more DIS shareholders than people realize. People may even own some and not know it, I suspect.

Zombies, it was like how can you lose holding Disney for 25 years, oh they sold in 08. We own a lot and are enjoying the ride

Wow, reading the above post really got my heart beating til I found out it was reguarding out of US. We had held Disney stock for 25 yrs and never gotten a thing from them except for mail. I finally sold it last year at about a $2,000. loss. Loved the stock as it was so pretty and got pride everytime we went to a park, but the poor management of the company made it a financial loss for us and we bailed out. A stock or tow for each kid is great to frame but beyond that there are better investments IMHO. I am a Disney fanatic but money is money.
I bought at $30. and sold at $25. That is why my loss. I had held it for years. purchased way before 9/11 and then took a beating that never came back til now but I had waited too long allready as I hadput thousands in it, not just a couple of stocks as I so believed in it..:) When we bought they had talked aboutbenefits but we never saw them. Yes, we did get a SMALL dividend each year but it did not amount to enough to even go out to dinner. I am glad it has worked out for you and hope it continues to rise for you.:goodvibes

not sure about your exact timing but in 1998 there was a 3 for 1 stock split. so it seems more likely that the shares you bought at $30 were actually $10 per share when you sold them for $25 per share. your number of shares tripled during that time.

I have some shares that go back to a prior 4 for 1 stock split so that means those shares get multiplied by 12.

EDIT: I didn't notice that this was an "old" thread. adjusting back for that time frame might include the 4 for 1 split in 1986. that would mean the cost of the shares sold would have been $2.50 per share or a 10 times return.

Last edited:
they haven't done this in a long time (30+ years?), the last time I went to a shareholders meeting in Anaheim they gave each shareholder passes to Disneyland. I don't recall if it was one or a pair of tickets.

we couldn't use them because we already had parkhopper tickets for the length of our stay.

currently I'm not aware of any perks for WDC shareholders.

I joke that Disney pays me to go to the parks. the dividends cover the costs for my Disney vacations.

Last edited:
Long shot but if I have some (a significant amount of) shares but not directly purchased but through a broker (shares are in my name though) how can I sign up for news and invites for webcasts, meetings, etc?

Thanks
I haven't owned any stock in brokerage accounts in a long time. from what I recall, generally the answer is not as a shareholder. you might still be able to sign up for that information at the WDC web site.

I haven't owned any stock in brokerage accounts in a long time. from what I recall, generally the answer is not as a shareholder. you might still be able to sign up for that information at the WDC web site.

I bought into mystique of buying DIS stock after 2014 trip.... Now, after 10 years....

WORST DECISION EVER!!!!

Never buy an individual stock. I was deluded. I saw park crowds. Marvel and Star Wars acquisitions. Thought they were on fire.

And now...

For those new to investing: Stick to index funds/ETF's

VTI. I would've been much happier

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!