Do you pack a suitcase full of food?

Goofy'sFriend

"Gawrsh"
I am thinking that I will pack a suitcase full of food (such as granola bars, peanut butter/jelly crackers, juice boxes, donuts, etc.) Does anyone else do this? Do you have any tips on how to pack? What kind of food do you pack? Thanks:)

Are you driving or flying? We always drive and I keep one of those copy paper boxes w/ the cover in the basement and fill that w/ can goods etc. The prices are so expensive unless you go way off property to the grocery store.

We always pack a bag full of breakfast and snacks and we fly. We use the extra bag to carry home all the goodies we can buy because we saved on snacks! And we fly.

I used to. Now I pack a few things in a cooler that I check thru baggage. We make a grocery store run at the beginning of the vaction. When the children were younger I would pack a suitcase full of food because we drove. When I discovered that the food prices at the Goodings at Crooss roads was the same as home I stopped that. My DH usually will take a list and go pick up what we need.

We have! We had it packed full of juice boxes, granola bars, cereal (individual serving boxes), PopTarts, muffins, cookies and snack crackers. I think I used our beach towels as padding both on the top and bottom of suitcase. Nothing was broken! We used the same suitcase, now empty, to bring home all of our souveniers!.

We fly and stay on property. On our first trip, we packed the following: breakfast foods, juice, snacks, bread, peanut butter and jelly, crackers, deli meat and cheese. Not only do we save $, but we are sure that we will have what we want. We still get fresh pastries, etc... from the resort food court for variety. We are making a grocery stop with the towncar transport from the airport this year, so we may pack less this time and buy it there.

The first time we went I packed a lot of food and we ended up wasting a lot of it. We used all the juice boxes. We were at the parks most of the day and usually ate breakfast at the food court. It was only 2 adults and 1 child, and we're not big snackers anyway. The following years, I take a small snack for the plane and juice boxes, a can of chips and maybe a box of granola bars. I did take some microwave popcorn too.

I see your flying also, how do you keep your deli meat and cheese cold on the
flight down??
We will also be flying and going to pack snacks and breakfast goodies, but
couldn't figure out how to transport anything cold.

I'm glad to know a lot of you do this:) My main concern is saving money on breakfast. We got an entertainment rate at the Hard Rock Hotel and from what I understand, there are no places to buy things like donuts, juice, etc. I like that you can do this at the Disney hotels. We are not sit-down breakfast eaters everyday, and we like to just grab something quick. I think I will pack mostly breakfast items and juice boxes. At least this will save us a little bit of money. Thanks for all your replies!:)

We always stop at Walmart and buy some food supplies. I find that the canned ice tea still tastes good when it is warm. We also buy gallon jugs of water and refill them in our water bottle. Juice boxes are good also. We also buy pretzels and each day we put them in a container (a margarine container). We used to bring lots of food into the parks but we found that we did not eat as much as we brought. Now we just bring the drinks and a little snack and buy one meal and then split it. A lot of the food was got smashed in our backpack.

Originally posted by luv2cruize
I see your flying also, how do you keep your deli meat and cheese cold on the
flight down??

We put blue-ice blocks (borrowed from our children's lunch boxes) in a collapsable cold bag that we put in our checked luggage. The luggage stays cold in the plane, so we only have to get checked in within a few hours of arrival and we are OK!!

I packed a suit case of food as my carryon. I had about the same as everyone else mentioned. Pretzals and snack size chips seemded to be the most eaten food. I also took the microwavable Easy Mac and used the hot water and mircowave at the hotel. We also took instant Ice tea and used our Brita filters to filter the water we can't stand the taste of it. We also usually buy some bottled water at one of the close buy pharmcy stores just past downtown Disney.

u can get netgrocer to deliver to yr hotel, at least u used to be able to, ck w/management!
or they have 'silver' cooler bags that u just add some blue gel packs to, and it will keep stuff
cool down on the plane(we fly from phila to orlando and its ok)(we carry it on) we also freeze food that we
pack that's cold anyway. we stay in a condo and cd shop once we're down there, but why
waste good vacation time in the grocery store! <g>

We bought packages of sliced ham and froze the packages before we left. Put some food and frozen things in a soft sided cooler and carried it on the plane with us and it thawed a little but was still nice and cold when we checked into our room.

We also bought gallons of water to refill our water bottles. Didn't trust refilling the bottles with water from the drinking fountains or sinks since we've had stomach problems from a change in drinking water on past trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter