• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

do you pay in advance for Candlelight Processional PS??

tacobelle32

Earning My Ears
This is my next order of business-To make PS dinner arraingements for the Candlelight Processional.At the time of the PS do you pay for the dinner in full over the phone?
I'v seen some postings for 8:15pm but aren't there are 3 different times to choose from ? WHich is the best time and/or restaurant for PS?
Thanks!

You don't pay for the PS at the time of booking. They do ask for a credit card number to secure the PS, and I think your card is charged 48 hours before if you don't cancel.
I have a 5:45 PS at San Angel for the 8:15 show. The CM told me that was the latest seating allowed for that particular show, I guess they want to make sure you have more than enough time to get there.
Also, there are three processionals: 5:00; 6:45; and 8:15 p.m. There is no 5pm performance on December 7.

my credit card has been charged for the processional. i called last week to book for the 14th. you have a 48 hour cancellation window for a refund. hope this helps.:tongue:

OK, so what is the deal? Why are some credit cards charged and others not?

Mine hasn't been charged yet, but I know it will be. I called just to confirm my PS, since a number of you have already been charged. I still have it. Maybe since my name starts with W, they haven't gotten there yet. But I know they will charge it, they told me that it usually takes about 3 weeks and I got PS on the first day, I think it was the 25th.

I would count on it being charged and make sure the $$ is there, so your PS isn't cancelled if it doesn't go through. Then if it isn't charged, you already have it paid for when you get there to pick it up. I think that some CM's may be confused with the new policy regarding CC to hold your PS, but I fully believe that they will charge it, now.

I went to the candlelight processional last year. It was beautiful, I really enjoyed it. My charge card was charged in advance. But I just wanted to remind you that you get a 10% discount (I think that is correct anyway, maybe 15%, but I think it was 10%) all day at epcot the day of the processional. So, if you have any major puchases, do it there. I saved alot of money that way. I bought gold earings and the little crystal block with my DD and DS pictures in them. They came out great and I was very happy to save $$!:teeth:

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!

Originally posted by MINNIEBOWSER
....(snip)....I just wanted to remind you that you get a 10% discount (I think that is correct anyway, maybe 15%, but I think it was 10%) all day at epcot the day of the processional. So, if you have any major puchases, do it there. ......

Sad to say, this year's package does not include the shopping discount. :( I'm going to miss it this year, too. :(

For the record, previous years' discount was 15%.

The Candlelight Processional Dinner Package is a pre-paid package. Your credit card (or debit card) will definitely be charged before the event.

For at least the past couple of years, Disney has taken awhile to process all the transactions that occur when the package is first released. They will "catch up" soon. If your card hasn't been charged yet, never fear! It's on their "to-do" list and the charge will show up all too soon. :teeth:

To CarolMN:

Thanks for correcting me about the discount. I hate to give wrong info. That is a shame they did away with the discount.
It is very sad when good things come to an end..... Just like Disney vacations.

:(

OK, you guys and gals made me nervous, so I called Disney Dining to make sure my PS was still there. The CM assured me I'm still scheduled and told me my charge will be going through any day now....far cry from what I was told originally, but I'm glad I got a heads up here!
So start looking out for those charges! I made my PS the first day we could and my last name starts with an "S" so it should be soon.

Just a quick note about the 15% discount that CP dinner package guests received in the past.

Last year it was announced that the discount had been discontinued, yet when we picked up our reservation materials at guest services we were given a pass which gave us the discount at the Epcot stores for that night. So I wouldn't write off the discount just yet. (BTW, we made very good use of the discount!) :earsboy: :earsgirl:

hey all,
One full month after my "any day now" spiel from the CM, my charge finally went through. Now I'm not so nervous.

When I called to make my PS, the CM told me that I would be charged for the full amount immediately and if I wanted a refund I would have to cancel 48 hrs prior to the PS date ... The thing is, I wasn't charged until 2 weeks after I called... so I guess, just keep an eye on your credit card statements and call if you're worried about it :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter