Do you prepay for Be Our Guest?

madqueen

Earning My Ears
I booked a reservation for Be Our Guest for breakfast in October. The Cast member I booked my reservation with seemed new, and was unable to answer pretty much any of my questions (for instance, I asked if they let you pre-order your food for breakfast as I have done that in the past for lunch, and she had absolutely no idea what I was talking about). She then told me a total price, and asked me to give my credit card number. I asked whether I was paying now, or was she just taking the cc number to hold the reservation. She said I had to pay now. I asked since when do you have to prepay? She was unable to answer that either. So did I actually prepay for our meals, or did she just take my credit card number to hold the reservation and think I was prepaying? The reason why I'm concerned is because I wouldn't mind prepaying, but after making the reservation I realized that she never asked me if we have any children dining with us (which we do), and upon looking at the menu, I see that the kid's meals are a good deal cheaper than the adult meals.

When you book for a qs meal at Be Out Guest, you are not prepaying. The credit card is required to hold reservation (same as table service restaurants). Only a few restaurants require pre payment. Know that if you are a "no show" or don't cancel allowing 24 hour notice your card will be charged $10 per person no show fee. (As long as part of your party shows up, you will not be charged.)

She then told me a total price, and asked me to give my credit card number.

Do you remember what the total price was? Have you checked MDE to be sure she made the correct reservation?

As PP said, you don't prepay for BoG, but you do have to give CC for cancellation purposes. You can still preorder for breakfast. You do NOT have to order a meal for every person. You can order as much or as little as you like and adults can order kid's meals if you prefer.

BOG breakfast/lunch aren't fixed price meals - you can still go in and order one cupcake for 8 people if you want. So there's no way you could prepay for that.

Dinner you are not prepaying. They take the credit card number to charge you a noshow fee if you don't show up and don't cancel.
You will pay after the meal like most restaurants.

Not sure if breakfast works like lunch but you can sign into the WDW website and sign in. Go to "My Plans" and find your BOG reservation. You can click on "Place or Change Advance Order ". From there you can make your order. It should give you a payment option when you are done.

Thank you everyone for your help! My reservation is there in My Disney Experience, so I'm all set on that front, I just had a suspicion that I was given some very incorrect information (which as it turns out, I was right about!) She was trying to say it was all the same price, you just paid per person rather than picking out your food and paying for it, I think she said $28 per person or something along those lines. The fact that she had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned preordering was a clue that either she was new or just not great at her job, lol.

Thank you everyone for your help! My reservation is there in My Disney Experience, so I'm all set on that front, I just had a suspicion that I was given some very incorrect information (which as it turns out, I was right about!) She was trying to say it was all the same price, you just paid per person rather than picking out your food and paying for it, I think she said $28 per person or something along those lines. The fact that she had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned preordering was a clue that either she was new or just not great at her job, lol.

The adult breakfast entrees are all $28, but you don't have to order them. You can order kid's meals or just coffee or a cupcake. Or you can order one entrée for your whole group. It is a fixed price in that all the adult entrees are the same price, but you are charged only for what you order, not per person like a buffet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!