Do you "reserve" less favored resort points?

trampslady

<font color=green>I stop and watch the Norway vide
We currently have 270 BCV points, 50 HH points, and 130 SSR points. I'm also waitlisted for 50 more BCV points. When I purchased the SSR points, there was a great offer on the table, and we were interested in adding on more points. We had just returned from a truly last minute Easter trip, and I was thinking the SSR points would be a great thing to use on last minute reservations (when we know we probably aren't going to get our beloved BCV). That said, I find myself fretting over the use of those points in coming years. If you do something similar, how do you manage the points?

I used to do that with my 60 OKW points....make a ressie with my BCV points, and then call day-by-day at the 7 month window to try to switch out my points so I could keep my BCV ones in my account. Eventually....I just sold my OKW and bought more BCV!! I didn't like paying MF's on anything but BCV....I'm so addicted to that place!!!

:wave:

Beca

Beca, I'm so with you on this. I need to pay off my SSR and then try to sell them. I wonder how hard SSR is to sell since Disney is still selling hard?

trampslady said:
Beca, I'm so with you on this. I need to pay off my SSR and then try to sell them. I wonder how hard SSR is to sell since Disney is still selling hard?

I think it is selling very quickly...especially since your contract is less than the required 150 pt minimum purchase...this makes it very appealing to someone who wants into DVC with less of an investment.

Owning where you love is such a wonderful feeling!!! My dh and I both agree, if you LOVE your resort, DVC is a bargain....if you wish you owned somewhere else...DVC can become an expensive hassle....it really is too much money to buy where you don't love (for us, anyway).

Good luck!!!

Beca

We own at multiple resorts. Use our OKW contract primarily for OKW. But every fourth visit we will go to another DVC resort on our OKW points. We use our BCV contract at BCV. We own where we generally will stay over the long haul. We are looking to add points at VWL as we would like to alternate between the two.

Trampslady -- you don't need to pay off SSR to sell it. Call The Timeshare Store and discuss it with them. There is no need to tie up the money or pay the fees for a resort you don't want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter