Do you sneak food into the movies?

Oddly enough when I went to Dollar Tree(yes I got Snow Caps), the store had more of a variety of movie theater candy.

I almost never see movies at the theater. The last one was probably Wrinkle in Time, and before that, Moana. I usually have some smarties in my purse for the kids, but I usually have those anywhere we go just in case they need something, not just the movies. DH and I usually will buy a beer or wine from the theater.

No sneaking around here. I haven't noticed or seen any signs that say no outside food in years, so I bring my own snacks. I carry in bring bottled water, and maybe some candy in a bag. I don't try to hide it. Nobody says anything. If I want popcorn, I'll buy it.
:scratchin Now that you mention it, I'm not sure I have either. I'll make a point to look next time we go.

Most of the theaters here have basically what I'd describe as food courts where in addition to the standard movie popcorn and candy, you can get anything from pizza to coffee and doughnuts. We don't bring in anything from outside but I wouldn't fault anyone who does. The prices are ridiculous. :faint: Usually we go to a 2nd run movie house where the tickets and snacks (much more basic stuff) are less than 1/2 the price of the big chain places. I always have popcorn (extra butter!!) and a cold drink of some kind, and once in a while red licorice. DH's standard order is chocolate raisins and a bottle of water. DS, on the rare occasions he still comes with us is a popcorn/pop combo guy with Sour Patch Kids.

I buy a diet soda and popcorn. If I want anything else I usually pack it in. $4 for candy vs $1? No thanks, I'm smuggling that in ;)

My poor children have never eaten movie theater snacks, except when other people take them to the movies! I cannot stand the thought of paying that absurd amount of money for the garbage they serve at the concession stand. I always make sure to have mints and gum in my purse when we go to the movies (I don't feel like that counts as "sneaking" because gum and breath mints aren't food).

You bring up a good point though, because I have no problem paying $7 for a Mickey pretzel at WDW.

I buy a diet soda and popcorn. If I want anything else I usually pack it in. $4 for candy vs $1? No thanks, I'm smuggling that in ;)

when yuor at the movies and you get some nice buttery popcorn I love a big Cherry Coke, I only drink that at the movies, but its so good with your big popcorn, this knowledge is my gift to you, lol

No, I don't, and I very, very rarely buy anything to eat there (for myself), either. I tend to just eat before or after the movie instead. :)

However, when my kids were very small I did bring in food for them. Because nothing our local movie theaters sold was in any way appropriate for toddlers..at least not in my opinion. Especially since they'd be trying to eat it in the dark. We used to bring their sippy cup of water and a lidded container with clementine slices or goldfish or something like that.

If the movies offered foods that I eat..like fruit or veggies or crackers with hummus, I'd be a lot more likely to buy food from them. But a bunch of candy and artificially colored, highly salted warm food items are never going to be items I will buy for myself because they contain ingredients I need to avoid.

We enjoy the “dine in” theater so tend to buy somthing, at least popcorn and maybe a milkshake and appetizer plate to share, but we do bring our own candy and usually drinks.

When I was with my dad going to movies as a kid he would often have us stop and get snacks at the gas station. My mom didn't do that.

As an adult no I don't bring any outside food in. I think there was less caring when it was movie premieres though because back then people were camping out the whole darn day for it so if you brought a soda in it wasn't the end of the world.

Nowadays we'll either eat ahead of time and at most get a drink inside the theater or we'll do Fork&Screen or Cinema Suites and have dinner with our movie.

when yuor at the movies and you get some nice buttery popcorn I love a big Cherry Coke, I only drink that at the movies, but its so good with your big popcorn, this knowledge is my gift to you, lol
I'm not even sure I've seen Cherry Coke at the movies. I used to love vanilla Coke from a mom and pop burger place we used to have here.

That makes sense, they have a little bit of everything. I've used freestyle at fast food but haven't seen them in the theater.
The AMCs here switched to those years ago. I *think* B&B theaters has too but I haven't been into the nearest B&B for a long time (like before B&B bought the prior chain which was Dickinson).

I like the Freestyle machines personally since you get a wider variety of options.

The AMCs here switched to those years ago. I *think* B&B theaters has too but I haven't been into the nearest B&B for a long time (like before B&B bought the prior chain which was Dickinson).

I like the Freestyle machines personally since you get a wider variety of options.

I don't usually even drink sodas, but if I see a freestyle machine, I sure do! Love them! Cherry Sprite baby!

I always get popcorn at the movies, with so much butter you need a zillion napkins and ask for them to put it in layers. I know it's terrible, but I need calories and it's not that often I do it.

I hardly ever go to movies in the theater these days. But back when I wa younger, we would sneak food. Sometimes, I would sneak vodka.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!