Do you spend money on Magic Kingdoms?

Discussion in 'Disney Online Games' started by mshanson3121, Jun 1, 2016.

1. mshanson3121

mshanson3121 DIS Veteran

Do any of you actually buy those promos they have? A new one popped up today: Rex, just as my Zurg battle started. I admit, I was tempted! I've always kinda laughed at these people that get sucked into spending money on games. But for the first time, I can see the temptation, lol.

2. fab1976

fab1976 Mouseketeer

I have. Bought Rex and then Maximus. The bonus gems and reduced price tempted me into it! With the gems from Rex I bought Pluto and his house, with the accumulated ones from just playing, the events and Maximus bonus I bought a few of the attractions. Sometimes it's worth putting money into a game, especially for a Disney game for an obsessed Disney fan such as myself (and I'm guessing many of us on here :))

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. wilkeliza

wilkeliza DIS Veteran

I bought Rex and Pluto and now regret it as I am not playing the game as much as I thought.

5. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Mouseketeer

At this point, I play the game multiple times each day. I have also bought every promo that has been offered to me- Pluto, Rex, Wall-E, Maximus- while I have been able to buy both Boo and Merryweather with gems earned in game/through the promos. I've come to really enjoy the game, and it's fun to unlock new characters and open new areas. I'm also a completest, at least when it comes to characters. My point of view on it is that I enjoy the game and would like to see it continue. There are still SO many further characters and areas that can be added to the game- so I want to support the game so that Disney and Gameloft have reason to continue it.

bluecruiser and Mickeyluver37 like this.
  6. ~PixieTink~

~PixieTink~ Faith, Trust, & Pixie Dust

I have not yet and I am currently saving my gems for either Rex or Boo. If I do achieve that goal of lets say collecting enough gems for Boo I may purchase enough gems to get Rex.

I have already saved to get Pluto into the game. It takes awhile, but I am not spending cash.

7. evilqueenmindy

evilqueenmindy DIS Veteran

I've bought the promos. I found Rex particularly helpful in getting Zurg.

8. Blended Disney

Blended Disney Earning My Ears

I have not purchased anything, but it has been tempting. Unfortunately not purchasing forced me to not fully take advantage of the 50% off deal a few weeks ago on attractions because I was saving for a character and knew I would have only what I needed available until the next update.

9. purplejam

purplejam Mouseketeer

I've spent money to get the extra characters and attractions that are gem only - if that makes sense !!
    I play the game a lot and like to have everything going lol

10. ~PixieTink~

~PixieTink~ Faith, Trust, & Pixie Dust

So last evening I broke down and bought the Jack Sparrow Promotion Pack. I thought he was too important not to have in the game and without him it would limit me a lot as to what I could do. So I got Jack Sparrow and the 100 gems. I used the gems with others that I had and got The Kraken as well. I have also decided I will continue to save gems for Rex.

11. bluecruiser

bluecruiser DIS Veteran

Yes, I spend money on the game. I enjoy playing the game and am happy to support it so it will continue and expand. As I posted elsewhere:

D23Ry and ~PixieTink~ like this.
  12. supernova

supernova DIS Veteran

If you're asking do I spend actual cash on a meaningless online game? No. Of course not.

13. johde

johde DIS Veteran

No, I haven't spent any money on the game. I have spent a few bucks on similar games.

14. bluecruiser

bluecruiser DIS Veteran

I'm surprised you're playing the game since it's so "meaningless."

AJ1983 likes this.
  15. AJ1983

AJ1983 DIS Veteran

I wasn't going to at first, but then I realized people buy buttloads of video games and look at the price of those. Speakong of spending money, new promo Merryweather + 150 gems for $13.99 (Canadian..I think Americans get it for $9.99). She is 240 gems so I have enough to get her, just wondering if its worth the splurge to get her and the bonus gems.

16. supernova

supernova DIS Veteran

Most time killers are meaningless. That's the very essence of a time killer.

17. Lady Libra

Lady Libra Carpe Diem

Same here. I've bought all the character packs and then some extra gems here and there. :)

18. remlap

remlap DIS Veteran

Not yet, but I generally end up with a few iTunes gift cards from the holidays, so I will probably then. Found money plus wanting to support the game so they keep making updates. I picked up both Pluto and Zero just with game play gems. If nothing else, I wouldn't mind Jack Sparrow or Wall-E. Couldn't care less that I'm missing Boo and Rex. Merryweather bugs that I have two out of three but probably not enough to shell out gems. I would probably wait for another 50% off attraction sale and blow the rest there instead.

19. Disney_Princess83

Disney_Princess83 DIS Veteran

I've bought a few characters now. Pluto, Rex, Zero (as well the Halloween Concession stand, Haunted Mansion, Parade Float) I don't mind putting some money into the game. I'm finding it very enjoyable. I try not to go overboard with spending money. I think I have spent $25 in 2 months? That's not even one hours wage for me and I get hours of enjoyment out of the game every week. Given how much I play, I don't think $12 each month is that much.

I might buy Jack Sparrow or Boo depending on the next special deal I receive.

20. wdwobsessed

wdwobsessed Work hard, Play hard. :)

Pretty much everything recreational is. People spend money on all sorts of things for pleasure and enjoyment. There are worse things than spending a few bucks on an online game. Better than gambling it.

bluecruiser and AJ1983 like this.
  21. supernova

supernova DIS Veteran

But then, at least with gambling, you have a (minor) chance of winning it back.