Do you tip on the DDP ?

• No extra tip

• I never tip even without the plan

• I tip extra ALWAYS even when on DDP

• At my discretion, I may add a bit more SOMETIMES

Results are only viewable after voting.

momandseandodisney

DIS Veteran
Does anyone tip extra on the dinning plan? I read somewhere that a 18% tip is included in the plan. Do you tip more , how much? How? Why?

Thanks, Amanda (Mommyandseandodisney)

Disney Mom 24 :tink:
DS 8 :stitch:

I picked # 4. I'll use the DP for the first time in Sept. so we'll see - but I figure if I get exceptional service I'll chip in a few more $ since it's free for me anyway.

We used the plan in Dec of 05 and I don't think it was 18% at that time so we always left extra. I also felt we had great service so even if it would have been 18% I maybe would have left a little extra for the helpful servers.

It depends on the service, if it's really good and the server goes out of their way to accomodate us then yea we give a lil extra. If it's mediocore then no and if it's really bad then IMO they are already getting to great a tip. When I go out at a resturaunt I start at 15% and go up or down depending on the service :thumbsup2

Typically we order drinks with dinner, thus they are not on the dining plan. I always tip the drinks in cash, and just make it a little close to a meal tip rather than a drink tip. :drinking1 :drinking1

Of the TS restaurants we dined at last trip ... 'Ohana, Le Cellier, HDDR, Sci Fi, Teppanyaki and Liberty Tree Tavern ... we didn't receive any service that was above ordinary, so we didn't feel the need to tip extra.

increasing the tip would depend wholly on the service being provided.
If the server was particularly attentive, I would certain add to the gratuity.
:thumbsup2

Last year while on the free dining we tipped according to the service. There were a couple of servers that were wonderful and they did receive extra.

Last year of the FDP we tipped extra at Le Cellier, Kona Cafe and Maya Grill because we received excellent service at all three. The other restaurants provided adequate, but nothing special, service and we did not tip extra. I tipped an extra 5-10% (at that time the tip was 15%).

We normally tip from 20-25% when out to dinner. When we had the dining plan back in August, we tipped extra to make up for the difference. Also, I swear most places only got 15% which is way under what we would normally tip.

We tipped extra at the majority of places we ate, except at Garden Grilll, where we had a terrible server who was very slow and screwed up our drink orders, and our requests for more food (family style buffet) We asked for more chicken and potatoes, he brought beef and veggies, etc.

We tipped a bit more last year when we were on the Dining Plan. We usually bought alcolholic drinks using the DDE card (20% off baby!) so we added a tip for the drinks and a bit more to bring the total tip up to about 20%. The ONLY time we didn't do that was at the California Grill where the waiter added HIS OWN 18% tip to the drink bill. Okkie-dokie ... that's all he got for his trouble and lost out on an additional tip on the food.

I picked #4. I would always tip extra and always make sure I have $1.00 and $5.00 bills put aside. However, last year we got absolutely horrible service at San Angel Inn and also got a waitress at CRT that was very verbal about how much she disliked the dining plan and how she couldn't believe Disney was even offering a plan like that. Neither deserved even the 15% they were guaranteed. (I know they are guaranteed 18% now)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter